Looking for advices about where to live in London

My husband got a job in central London, he's going to scout ahead for a house for us and our two daughters (aged 4 and 1). We're looking to spend 1250 pcm TOPS for housing (preferably furnished and with utilities costs included).

Any suggestions considering our children???

It's crazy to look for places, so any help would be really appreciated! An agent from the company he's going to work for would help later (at our arrival) but we have to choose where we want to live and then he'll give us some suitable choices, so we have to define the area.

The company is in Temple Place.

Thank you for your help.

Welcome on the forum ivonnedb ;)

I dont know where is temple place, but the best place to live in london is the south! is more safe! nice people,
and you can get a flat(apartment or house) with 2 rooms(bedrooms) for around £1000-1300 with 3 rooms u pay like £1200-1500

Hi!

With £1250 for at least a two bedroom, I would recommend the South such as Clapham, Putney, or Queen's Park (NW). All are pretty safe areas and allow you to get more for your money.

It is rare that utilities will be included in the cost. I would recommend budgeting for about £200 per month and £120 for council tax.

But it also depends on your lifestyle and the level of quality that your are looking for.

I moved over with my wife just over a year ago and it was quite a stressful process from Iowa. We stayed in short term housing for a month and while she was at work, I did the search ALONE. After walking different parts of London, we finally settled on Fulham. We spent close to £1300 for our one bedroom in Fulham but our style could be very different than yours.

Looking for property in London is not fun because here is not an MLS as there is in the States.