Moving to London - need help

I'm considering moving to London, but since I live in Norway I really don't have any idea where to start!

Anyone know if there are any good websites where I can find applications for cheap rental apartments and/or jobs?

My plans are to move to London to continue my studies as an Actor (studying acting in Norway doesn't really get you anywhere - it's a complete waste of time.) But to do that I would need a part time job and a "ok"-apartment.

Please, I'm bloody desperate! Any help at all is appreciated! :)

Maybe you could subscribe to Stage magazine.  You'll find them at thestage.co.uk.  includes job interviews and classified ads.

also

you might want to try:
gumtree.co.uk  (change the settings to London)
spareroom.co.uk
loot.com
rightmove.co.uk
fish4.co.uk/jobs
londonjobs.co.uk
monster.co.uk

Good Luck : )

Hi! Try the London classifieds.
Good luck

ah, this is just wonderful! Thank you! :D

Hi,

Cagsie listed good and popular websites. I would just add
EasyRoomMate.com
Totaljobs.co.uk

Also, check www.meetup.com to find some groups where you can meet other actors and everyone from your industry. A very popular website for Londoners.
Good luck!

there are some good advert links at

londonpics4u

hi....I say go for it because it sounds like a good oppurtunity and the salary is high- plus you could pay of your student debts.Parts of Camden Town are okay (near Regents Park); otherwise I'd stick to the Northern parts of Camden like Hampstead where there are some council blocks, or Holborn in the south of the borough. Most of Camden Town and Kentish Town are now bad areas for binge drinking
and drugs. You really need to go and see the flats you are offered before accepting one and take a good observant sniff around the local area. Good luck!

Gumtree is an excellent place to start. Also try Timeout London

I agree with zakpotts. Definitely come down and take a look at the flats/properties before even paying a deposit. Photos can look real misleading. If you are still looking for London Accommodation, you might want to check out the London Accommodation Guide that I compiled after banging my head around every single time my lease is up. Hope this bit helps!