Starting a Business in Tunisia

Hi everyone,  I am interested in starting a business in about 6 months when I move to Nabeul. I'm looking for information on the paperwork process and what documents might be needed in advance.

What sort of business ?

Hi
I am moving over to susses in Jan .
I want start a business , but I have been told that you have to have Tunisian .
To come in with you , now I do have a partner over there but I don't want to live and work with him . I  want to do it on my own ., then I need to mow the cost of opening a shop or do I do on line business selling from amazon . It just going round in my head .
I wish you all the best , there are no jobs for ex pats they tend to employ their own . Fair enough so we have to make on our own to live
Denise

Wine export possibly. Also rental cars us another idea. Thank you

StacieM wrote:

Wine export possibly. Also rental cars us another idea. Thank you

Are you exporting wine out of Tunisia or bringing it in?  Either way you are going to need a licence to import/export.  Let me know which and I can advise you further.

Export, thanks for the advice.

StacieM wrote:

Hi everyone,  I am interested in starting a business in about 6 months when I move to Nabeul. I'm looking for information on the paperwork process and what documents might be needed in advance.

Definitely, the Tunisian Embassy is your best source, for obtaining accurate information. :cool:

On line tutor for English , my rates would be fair . I can tutor by Skype or if the ,learner prefers I will meet them in the coffee shop . Or l Library .
Do you think there is a market for it .
I have my training  certificates from University

Thank you but my experience with the Tunisian Embassy has not be good. They are slow to reply and the information is not clear.

Perhaps there's a valid reason for the sparse, French national expat population, in Tunisia. That official response pattern (you mentioned), apparently is consistently the same, across the North African board. Welcome to the continent, named after "Scipio Cornelius Africanus". Regards, and good luck, with that endeavor. :cheers: