Searching for US favorite products

Does anyone know where in Quito I can go to look for some of my favorite US products? It would be nice to treat myself to some of my home favorites every once in a while. Any info would be appreciated.

Megamaxi has some items that are stocked along with other locals items. Off the top of my head they have pepperidge farm cookies, peanut butter, haagen daz. "English muffins", are also available at Megamaxi and Supermaxi. For US steaks and beef try the frozen meat section at mi comisariato. There also cinnabon and baskin robbins ice cream, for donuts go to Dunkin Donuts.

El Griego at Quicentro has a nice selection of European chocolate and some nice wine as well.

Most of the above is assuming you meant something sweet. Explore those places above and you'll get an idea, but the variety is quite limited.

Megamaxi Six is the most well-stocked super-duper mercado that is convenient to most Expat arrivals in Quito.

It's on Seis de Diciembre at the Benalcazar stop of the Ecovía transit line.

Look for the big counter area in the back left of the store where fresh cut meats and the freshest chilled fish and seafood are available.  An attendant will cut and package your order to your specifications.  Check for ready-to-go sushi packages, especially early in the day.  Pre-packaged cheese products are at the near-side of the section.

USA-produced specialties are typically available, though changing tariff policies and other factors may make the inventory change slightly from month to month.  Mott's apple sauce used to be readily available in quantity, but then was absent for reasons a manager was not able to explain to my comprehension.

There is a huge produce section .. and more than a dozen cashier stations. Much of the produce is refrigerated, meaning it's fresher than the cheap stuff in the unrefrigerated local mercados.

The store is up a people-mover escalator in a big mall where various goods are on sale at the tiendas.  Many electronics and appliances are available at Megamaxi Six itself.  Furniture of many kinds, too.

There is plentiful security around to withdraw cash safely from the ATM's on the second level.

If you're taking a taxi home, have the Servicio desk call EasyTaxi.  A mozo will move your cart down to the covered parking area under the store and load the goods into the taxi, which should arrive in just a few minutes.

Although Megamaxi Six is not convenient to my Quito condo, I make a weekly pilgrimage there when I am in the city .. because it is the best the city has to offer in grocery shopping and on-property convenience. 

Looking for holiday gifts?  There's a big Christmas store open this time of year at the opposite end from Megamaxi .. on the same, second-story level. :)

cccmedia