Australian scheduled vaccinations availability in Vietnam????

Hi All,

We are a family of 4 planning on travelling extensively in Vietnam before settling for a 12 month period in Hoi An. My children will both be due for scheduled vaccinations (required by the Australian govt) while we are away. Can anyone tell me please if we can order these vaccines in Vietnam? These particular ones are the 4 year old jabs.

Diphtheria, tetanus, acellular pertussis (whooping cough) and inactivated poliomyelitis (polio) (DTPa-IPV)

Any information including medical center or doctor names for me to contact would be greatly appreciated.

Kindly,
Kate Melville

Hi Mrskmelville,

If you are already in VN, in Ho Chi Minh city, you can check with below int'l medical facilities which is easy to find in infor and contact in Google:

1. FV Sai Gon clinic
Add: Bitexco Financial Tower, 2 Hai Trieu St, Ben Nghe Ward, Hồ Chí Minh/ FV hospital

2. FV hospital
Add: 6 Nguyen Luong Bang, Tan Phu ward, dist. 7, HCMC.

3. FAMILY MEDICAL PRACTICE clinic
Add: 34 Lê Duan st, dist.1 , HCMC.

4. RAFFLES int'l clinic
Add:  167A Nam Kỳ Khởi Nghĩa - Tel 028 3824 0777

Cheers,

Fortunately for you, Vietnam switched fairly recently from the attenuated to the killed polio vaccine.   Your list is based on what your children need for their return but you might want to check your country's recommendations for traveling to Vietnam for more than a few days.  In particular, you might want to check out Hepatitis both A and B, Japanese Encephalitis, MMR, and chicken pox.  These are the US CDC's recommendations but Australia's are probably similar.  Your children may already have had MMR and chicken pox but I doubt that they have the others.  Check first as the doses and schedule for children may differ from that for adults. 

If you are going to be in Hoi An for a full year, you might want to repost your question on the Da Nang sub-forum as that is likely where you will be getting most of your medical care.

Msg deleted as this is an old thread

I had similar situation,  my doctor advised to get a TB Vaccination done because Vietnam is one of the highest risk countries for TB.