Possible job for expats

I wonder if I can find any job as a QC manager on Vietnam factories working with foregn markets. And if there are any factories near Nha Trang? I have 10 year experience working with Chinese factories and QC was a part of my job responsobolity.

You indicate that you are fluent in Chinese.  If you worked in quality control in Vietnam, would you learn Vietnamese?  Does QC work entail speaking to factory floor workers?   It is unlikely that they will speak Russian, Chinese, or English.  Even management in factories in rural provinces may speak little to nothing of these three languages.

responsibility
foreign

danhask wrote:

responsibility
foreign

Just misprints😒

THIGV wrote:

You indicate that you are fluent in Chinese.  If you worked in quality control in Vietnam, would you learn Vietnamese?  Does QC work entail speaking to factory floor workers?   It is unlikely that they will speak Russian, Chinese, or English.  Even management in factories in rural provinces may speak little to nothing of these three languages.

I could learn Vietnamese, but it takes time. While doing QC in China I mostly contacted with project managers and engineers rather then floor workers... I thought management in factories could speak English (no demand speaking Chinese or even Russian, I understand it couldn't be possible). Now I see there is a big problem...

Songshu wrote:

I thought management in factories could speak English (no demand speaking Chinese or even Russian, I understand it couldn't be possible). Now I see there is a big problem...

My comment about language was based on your asking about Nha Trang.  In the two big cities you are much more likely to encounter international companies where the top management speaks English.  I gave private English lessons to a neighbor who had worked for several international firms.  His most current job was at Coca=Cola and the big boss was Indian so he said all executive committee meetings were in English but that is the highest level in a multi-national.  His actual work of corporate training  (the rah-rah stuff that I used to hate when I worked for a multi-national :( ) was carried out in Vietnamese.   Actually there are Taiwanese factories as well where management may be carried out in Mandarin but that is just speculation.  That smaller factory in Nha Trang could be Vietnamese only.  Anyway, take a vacation and take a look.  The beach is nice.

THIGV wrote:
Songshu wrote:

I thought management in factories could speak English (no demand speaking Chinese or even Russian, I understand it couldn't be possible). Now I see there is a big problem...

My comment about language was based on your asking about Nha Trang.  In the two big cities you are much more likely to encounter international companies where the top management speaks English.  I gave private English lessons to a neighbor who had worked for several international firms.  His most current job was at Coca=Cola and the big boss was Indian so he said all executive committee meetings were in English but that is the highest level in a multi-national.  His actual work of corporate training  (the rah-rah stuff that I used to hate when I worked for a multi-national :( ) was carried out in Vietnamese.   Actually there are Taiwanese factories as well where management may be carried out in Mandarin but that is just speculation.  That smaller factory in Nha Trang could be Vietnamese only.  Anyway, take a vacation and take a look.  The beach is nice.

Thanks! I've already done with this!))) Just came back from Nha Trang. Actually, I meant to be a QC manager from the Buyer's side. I probably need to search for Russian company which purchases in Vietnamese factories and needs someone to check the goods before shipment. I did this kind of QC in China.

Songshu wrote:

Actually, I meant to be a QC manager from the Buyer's side. I probably need to search for Russian company which purchases in Vietnamese factories and needs someone to check the goods before shipment. I did this kind of QC in China.

That makes a lot more sense.