Parking attendants - salary

hi, just wondering what the average salary is of the parking attendants. they work a good 10-12 day. you know the guys in the dark blue pants and light blue shirts with the brown belts.  Also they always seem to be male ? is this some kind of unwritten rule ? I see a lot of women working on construction sites doing hard physical labour yet I have never seen a lady be a parking attendant which would be an easier job.

Are you looking for a job, Panda?  Was it you last month who thought the sandwich makers were making a killing?  If I had to guess, I would say those security guard/bike parkers are making about 2-3 million a month.  Not much.

I once had an aide tell the class that if they didn't do well that they would end up parking motorbikes.  I guess that gives you an idea about the status if not the pay.

If they are security guards, they may be retired Army and also drawing half pay and free medical.

What is strange is that there are women working on constructions sites on the shovels, wheeling bricks in etc but very rarely do you see one working as a parking attendant. I suppose it has something to do with the perception that the parking attendant is providing a level of security ?

I always had an impression, admittedly for no particular reason, that the women that you see on the small construction sites were the spouses or other relatives of one of the male workers.   Where they live on site as they often do, you will see the women cooking and doing laundry for the crew.   If the work is contractual, two can finish it faster than one and certainly for less than hiring another person. 

For comparison, look on one of the big projects like a Korean or Taiwanese bridge building.  Do you see women there?  I don't know.