ACCOMMODATION IN PV from late Dec. to late Jan.

Hello All:
My daughter and I are looking forward to returning to PV right after Christmas.   I will stay a month.   She will return to college  after two weeks.   Our last stay was in Old Town...which we LOVE.   But our place was on a busy street and hard to sleep at times.    Still, it was affordable.   Large 2-br for $1,000 USD and just 7 blocks from the beach.   Secure and had internet, w/d, and a community pool.

We would like to have the something along similar lines.     Can anyone out there suggest?   I have tried a couple of real estate places... Dreams Vallarta and Panchos Villas.   Even AirBnB.   Many of these rates have now gone  up considerably.

Looking forward to hearing from you.    We are quiet and tidy.    So... if YOU have a place for us, please do get in touch.

Thanks,
Arlene

Arlene

You might want to look in the housing section on this page at the top. I see there is a villa in PV for 600.

Thank you.   I will take a look!

Hi -
I checked that out.   I think it's a typo.   I have contacted the owner.    Also, too far south.   Would rather be in Old Town, city center, or a bit up towards hotel zone.
Are there any local papers or sites I can check?
Thanks,
Arlene

Hi Ruby,
Here are some sources.

If it were I , I would be searching booking.com. My travels often involve searching with them. You can screen for costs and locations, as well as rental properties in many places. Buena suerte.

www.vallartatribune.com/www.banderasnews.com/www.puertovallarta.net/fast_facts/puert … papers.php

rubytue60 wrote:

Hi -
I checked that out.   I think it's a typo.   I have contacted the owner.    Also, too far south.   Would rather be in Old Town, city center, or a bit up towards hotel zone.
Are there any local papers or sites I can check?
Thanks,
Arlene

Check Plaza Santa Maria´s website in Zona Hotelera.

Hi all -
Still seeking a place for my daughter and myself for DEC. 29-JAN. 26.   Flight tckets are booked.   We had a place on AIrBnB but the owner cancelled.   Now we are concerned we may not find anything suitable...yikes!    Prefer Old Town, city center, Amapas, Rio Cuale or Emilio Zapata but will head to hotel zone if we have to (but don't want to!)    Can spend up to $1750.    Any other leads would be great.   Been in touch with real estate folks, FlipKey, booking.com, VRBO and others.    Wow, next time I'll book in July!

Hi, I think the best would be to contact some rental agency directly, tell them what you are looking for, they have contacts with other agency and will be able to help you.

One major concern could be the period till after the 1st of January.

A few agencies I called before were Puerto Vallarta rentals, PV paradise rentals and Puerto Vallarta condo rentals a few years ago, give them a call or e-mail
http://www.puertovallartapropertyrentals.com/https://www.pvparadiserentals.com/http://puerto-vallarta-rentals.com/

One place I know that you can check, you better call because of the period you need sometimes the internet site says no availability "estancia San Carlos en Puerto Vallarta".

Buena suerte, GyC.

That is going to be a tough time of the year, if I were you I would just book a condo or hotel quickly.
Everything will slow to a crawl soon with the holidays . You are right you must book very early for holidays. If I am trying for a big holiday I usually book a year out.

Any time in Dec- January is holiday here not just  Christmas eve, Christmas day and new years eve and new years day like in the states.
It moves from independence to dia de los muertos, various church festivals into Christmas season, the three kings and new years. It gets harder and harder to book from October on