Stickers for keyboard

I have a UK keyboard but I am learning Hungarian :)  Although it is easy to switch between language in windows, it would be handy to have some transparent stickers for my keboard so I know the correct button to hit.  I am board trying to cut and paste the correct letters from the net whenever I e-mail my Hungarian teacher!

Any ideas where I could find these stickers in Budapest?

perhaps you could buy a Hungarian keyboard with USB and just plug it in ?

Yup, the stickers seem to go for 500HUF (plus shipping, times tax?)

http://www.google.com/search?q=magyar+b … et+matrica

So depending on how you value your time, a spare keyboard can be had within the same order of magnitude in the first computer shop you come across.
On the other extreme (too much free time, too little cash) a permanent marker (alkoholos filc) can be had for next to nothing.

Or even easier and closer to your first idea: you could buy a roll of tape where you can write on and make your stickers yourself!

try at kreativhobby.hu - they have also traditional shops across BP - and I am not making fun here

K.

Well I did consider making my own stickers but as this is my first new computer is over 10 years the homemade idea did not appeal.  There are stickers on amazon but was dubious if they would ever arrive (like most things posted form the UK)

USB keyboard was my first idea but this is for my laptop so would be a bit awkward to use while lying on my sofa (a friend initially used a USB keyboard but got stickers later for this reason)

Thanks for all of the advice :)

Hollycat wrote:

Well I did consider making my own stickers but as this is my first new computer is over 10 years the homemade idea did not appeal.  There are stickers on amazon but was dubious if they would ever arrive (like most things posted form the UK)

USB keyboard was my first idea but this is for my laptop so would be a bit awkward to use while lying on my sofa (a friend initially used a USB keyboard but got stickers later for this reason)

Thanks for all of the advice :)

You can just buy another keyboard for your laptop (I don't mean a USB one, I mean a spare part replacement). I had a German keyboard on my laptop for years even though I was using the British layout in Windows. I got the German one because I spilt coffee on the original British one and the German one was the only one I could get very quickly at the time of my coffee disaster. After a while, you get used to it. I've now got a laptop which has a spill resistant keyboard.

Similarly, a friend of has learnt to type and now does not need to look at the keyboard. He just types in multiple languages. Took him a while to master it but he's quite good at it now.

You could also try mastering the key strokes for HU characters using the Windows free/built-in Charmap utility (plenty of explanations on the web - just Google it). Bit clumsy on a laptop though.

For Japanese people, learning these kinds of codes is 2nd nature - some of their characters need 3 key strokes.