Hurricane prep.

Cuz she luves U  :top:

dugtx1 wrote:

Cuz she luves U  :top:

Or she does not want to be in the dark for 3-4 months

dugtx1 wrote:

Florida , What part?  I was born just North of Tampa on a ranch in Pasco County........
Every time, I returned home from working in the middle east,  it had become geriatric ville and mall walkers of the dead .
I totally dedicated to the island after that . Never regretted a single minute.  :)

My husband was born in Jacksonville, where I met him. I lived in Panama City for many years while my dad was stationed there in the Navy. We all moved to the Gainesville area and lived there for over 20 years before moving to Humacao. (Yes, we're old geezers.😊) I hope you can live your dream soon.

Well the ping pong ball in my wind speed indicator blew out of the gage at 160 mph over an hour ago.
Home is located on the west end of the island on a mountainside furthest point from Irmas approach.
Now that's historical. :o

Thank you for the update. Be wise and safe. Peace

Kewel, I plan on being an old Geezer some day . Here in Texas finalizing my 6th spinal surgery, and they just reconnected the tendons in my shoulder. 30 years of working in the middle east over that and all repaired to go home and grow tomatoes on my ranch . West end of the island...

People at my home said the wind meter broke at 160 mph 2 hrs. ago. my home is mountainside and facing West away from the storm.
Predicting 4-6 months for power in some areas. Grrr glad even though not there sun will shine on my solar panels when they can set them up again.  Lost the wind turbines at 140 mph.

Don't feel bad about not being able to get a phone to answer even my sat phone went down 30 min ago and still below east end of island .  :sosad:

Earlier live footage! OMG!!!
https://youtu.be/Ho1L1jMkh70

Hey thanks for sharing ,

Psych2 wrote:

Earlier live footage! OMG!!!
https://youtu.be/Ho1L1jMkh70

Are you sure that is Puerto Rico?
I been listening to the local news all day and have not heard of any incident with a bus. Besides what is a bus full of passengers doing on the road during a storm? Driver should be shot!!!! Busses cant be driven in strong winds.

Not to be MR. know it all but the flag they are using as an emergency rope is , The Virgin Islands  :unsure last I remember /

except for early facefool post everything seems to be still shut down from PR. solar flare activity is off the charts news is even saying.
making even the satellite phone my people have on the island temp. useless
So if we don't hears anything , don't stress yet.
There are only 2 uplinks on the island for communications one in Bayamon, and the other near Aguadilla. if in need of repairs , that will be #1 priority when sun comes back and storm has safety passed.
Hey don't feel bad , I left a $20,000 phone I never missed a call in 30 years contracting in the Middle East, with my friends and one little storm it suddenly doesn't work.  :lol:
I certainly hope PR gets the same help from government this time as we are here in Texas.

Just watched first news from Barbuda , and Antigua smaller islands but 90% of there structures are leveled, communication towers leveled and they are still looking for people before sun went down.

Let us hope for the best in PR. storm finally began moving a bit to the North.

160 mph in Cabo Rojo? Doesn't sound right. Official reports from this side, the closest to the eye said 60, 70 mph
In my location not more than tropical storm force winds for a couple of hours..

That reading was from my mountain top rental in Rincon.
Have no clue what even happened to my renters in Cabo , they went quiet 2 days before the storm.
think they hi tailed it to the mainland, can't blame them .
I'm still stuck here in Aransas/Rockport pass  , Henry 's entry point . Going to be even months here before any normal is seen.
All the newsies ran to Houston for the big story. ;)

Government in PR already sent a 15 million $$$ disaster relief request to Trump . Wonder how that will go.?

dugtx1 wrote:

That reading was from my mountain top rental in Rincon.
Have no clue what even happened to my renters in Cabo , they went quiet 2 days before the storm.
think they hi tailed it to the mainland, can't blame them .
I'm still stuck here in Aransas/Rockport pass  , Henry 's entry point . Going to be even months here before any normal is seen.
All the newsies ran to Houston for the big story. ;)

Government in PR already sent a 15 million $$$ disaster relief request to Trump . Wonder how that will go.?

Federal Government did declare PR a disaster zone, not sure about specific amounts, that has to be checked by Federal government before they designate a particular amount.

dugtx1 wrote:

Just watched first news from Barbuda , and Antigua smaller islands but 90% of there structures are leveled, communication towers leveled and they are still looking for people before sun went down.

Let us hope for the best in PR. storm finally began moving a bit to the North.

I believe I heard Jose will be arriving in that area.

Yea , but what amazed, me was that PR governor already had a 15million dollar request in to Trump even before the storm hit .
#1 15 Million doesn't cover squat, They will request more time and time again to confuse and obscure ttl. amount they receive.
Happens every time, Just another reason 50% of ex politicians in PR are under investigation or in prison
Even the Island quordinator of deportes "sports" mainly soccer was picked up 2 months ago for embezzling 10 million off the top . Picked up 2 months ago and is being held in a US federal facility till his court dates.
How about the last bank the US government had to seize documents on, before feds completely shut them down. They actually ,Although people had defaulted on home mortgages told them everything would be alight if they just keep making payments.   5 years later they were ALL put on the street.

Self governing hasn't historically been there hi point in managing  :joking: