Resignation during Probationary Period

Hello everyone, I am a new employee here in Oman. I assumed my work as an English Teachers this month. However, I came to realize that I'm no longer happy with my work and in the environment I am in. I am planning to inform my employer about my plan to resign. But before I put this action, I'd like to ask some questions so as to make myself aware of the consequences of my actions. To wit:
1. If I resign during the probationary period, am I going to pay all related expenditures on my employment e.g. visa, medical, labor card, plane ticket?
2. How many years would be my ban just in case?
3. If in case I got a job in Dubai, am I allowed to fly directly there?
4. If my employer refused to accept my resignation, what should I do?

Thank you very much.

Hi rheymagz,

All of your queries have already been answered across various other topics at various other places, prior.

So you must first take some effort to read through those different discussions to get a fair idea of what you could expect.

In any case, shall try and shall give you some brief responses here :

1. If I resign during the probationary period, am I going to pay all related expenditures on my employment e.g. visa, medical, labor card, plane ticket? - Since the employer has already made a certain amount of investment in bringing you over, with his time, efforts and money, it is only fair that he would expect to be compensated at you premature departure. How much would depend on your sponsor / employer / or as agreed prior in your employment contract.

2. How many years would be my ban just in case? - 2 years. Doubtlessly, your employer would not give you the NOC.

3. If in case I got a job in Dubai, am I allowed to fly directly there? - Yes.

4. If my employer refused to accept my resignation, what should I do? - Go to your embassy and complain. You can also complain at the Ministry of Manpower website.

Thank you for shedding light on this matter, sir. But I got one last question, if I would be banned for 2 years, and the employer refused to give me NOC, does that mean I won't be able to come back here even when the ban imposed upon me is due and served already? Thank you.

One more thing sir, is it a valid reason if I would state that my contention of leaving my job here in Oman is because I'm not happy working here, and that my company back in Riyadh, KSA is willing to hire me again? Would that be plausible to reason out or it will put me to risk? Thank you sir.

Thank you for shedding light on this matter, sir. But I got one last question, if I would be banned for 2 years, and the employer refused to give me NOC, does that mean I won't be able to come back here even when the ban imposed upon me is due and served already? Thank you.

2 years visa ban means that you won't be able to work in Oman for 2 years. its self explanatory. After the completion of the 2 year Ban, you'll be eligible to reapply a job and work again. trust this clarifies.

One more thing sir, is it a valid reason if I would state that my contention of leaving my job here in Oman is because I'm not happy working here, and that my company back in Riyadh, KSA is willing to hire me again? Would that be plausible to reason out or it will put me to risk?

They are not concern with either you're happy or not. Once you leave the job, the 2 year visa ban applies in any condition.

Hi everyone,

If the reason of resignation under probitionary period is not paying the proper payment and not paying the overtime can i claim this after resignation?
Thanks for the reply.

Hi aquarian0206,

Whatever you do, make sure that you recover all your dues before submitting your resignation.

For the moment you give your resignation, your company can well choose not to settle your dues. Unless you choose to get into a protracted legal wrangle.

Hello everyone,
I am a new employee in muscut oman.my question is? I join company two months ago but I am finally desided I am resign the job so please tell us if I am resign the job during the probationary period can company give visa expenses in oman.and what can I do?please reply.

If you resign with appropriate notice period even in the probation period  you are safe and no need to compensate any expenses (like visa, air fare etc) from you end.

In your case who had taken the visa expenses?  Is your work permit visa?

Usually company bears the visa cost.

Regards,

Hi.
Thanks For the reply sir
My visa is employement and company was not give the contract I can't see my contract no sign so sir give right way to how many days mentioned notice period in resign letter my 2yr limited contract.and here is difficult work environment so deside just leave this company. Next i send the resign letter to company please give suggest what can I do I am so dipresed and confuse

Hi sir

How many days i give notice period to the company

My visa is company give to me free visa
Employment visa

What if he already paid visa expenses

I'm new to.oman
Getting 2months only.. I'm no longer happy with this job so need to resign. I have some questions

If i resign during my probationary period what all consequences need to face . please help me
I paid the visa cost..

I'm new employee only 15 days company interview taken supervisor but now they're giving me more burden other work,  I Resigned job I'm under probation period

Company is asking give visa coast Airfare is it Right?

@siddiqsiddiq999 you may need to refer to the contract you've signed. There should be a clause regarding prbationary period