What to expect when moving to Ireland

Hello everyone,

Is there anything you wish you had known before moving to Ireland? For example, transportation, internet speeds, types of housing, aspects of the culture or social life.

In your opinion, what's the most important thing to know about Ireland?

When would you recommend someone should begin planning their move to Ireland?

What were the most helpful ways you found to get organised? For example, did you use a checklist, were there any particularly useful websites or apps?

What advice would you give to future expats preparing to move to Ireland?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Hello,
Please if anyone can help me my husband and kids want to relocate to south Ireland they are south african citizens.
But I have no idea specially about schooling and if my kids will not have problem with getting to school there and how it's done.
Julie.
Regards

Hi Julie and welcome to the Forum.  :)

At the top of this page is a link to our Handy Tools; if you select that, you'll get access to our Expat Guides; these contain many articles that may help you plan your journey.

Also, if you use the search function (top of this page, little magnifying glass), you can search within the Forum for what other people have done and said.

Once you've read our guides and searched the Forum, if you have any further specific questions, please come back to us.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team