Moving to Cambodia and looking for business partner!

Good day everyone!

My name is Mey, I am a French Canadian from Montreal Canada. I am Cambodian and I am planning to move in a Cambodia in the next couple of months.

I have been to Cambodia in 2008, it was my first time and loved it. This time I am planning to move there and start a small business and would like to find a business partner who is as driven, motivated, hard-worker and passionate as me. I am open to new ideas and new opportunities as I know that Cambodia is developing rapidly and it is a good time to start a business.

(Investment 5k-10k)

Do not hesitate to contact me!

Cheers!
Mey

Hi Mtlmey,

Welcome on board  :)

You will have more chances finding a business partner by dropping an advert in the dedicated section.

Feel free to do so here : Business partners in Phnom Penh

All the best,
Bhavna

Thank you for the info! :)

Hello Mtlmey,
Great to see how you come to see good opportunity in doing business in Cambodia. The main idea is where and what you think of doing.... Siem Reap is still not crowded.. Phnom Penh is heavy... while Sihanouk ville is another vacancy spot... There quite many areas of biz you could start.... well, 5k to 10k is not a bad size but need to look at some mini projects... I've seen more shops/resto for rent or business for sales now... So good time to grab if you are in Siem Reap anytime soon... Some ventures are just crowded.. So good and solid study will be needed....

Hi Meang Suon,

Thank you for all the information, I will definitely look into it once I am in Cambodia in November.

Thanks,
Mey

Hi Mey
Could you give me a rough idea of just what kind of business you have in mind, I have some ideas. I have added you today also. So please get back to me  and we can see what we have, thank you.Geoffrey

Hi, i just arrived in phom penh. I am loking for an inexpensive scooter to get around the city first now. Please let me know if you may have one for sale or friends who may ... thank you.

Hi Mey how are you?
I have sent you a private message. I hope to hear back form you! :) Oh I see you have spent some time in Australia also.

Kind regards,

Dean Allmark

Bobby Penh wrote:

Hi, i just arrived in phom penh. I am loking for an inexpensive scooter to get around the city first now. Please let me know if you may have one for sale or friends who may ... thank you.

Check through the classified section located under 'handy tools' located at the top of this page.

Dear Mey, I am Pech and I am Cambodian. I really want to start business with you. What business do want to start? Can I meet you ?

Hi, Mey, what kind of business are you looking for?

Hi Mey,

"would like to find a business partner who is as driven, motivated, hard-worker and passionate as me"

Like your attitude. Google "The Missing Monkey or Monkey Marks" in S/ville

if it is something you might be interested in please contact me.

Hi Mey!

You need seem to be a nice person. You need to be more careful with who and where you are going to do your business. I am not gonna be your business partner but if you wish to know more about Cambodia, please feel free to drop me an email: ***
I have experienced life as an expat for 6 years in Europe and the United States and it took a while to get used to Cambodia again. Cambodia is growing rapidly and therefore you need a realistic and reliable info.

Best regards,
Ravuth

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi!
It's such a great new to see your post. Right now I am seeking for a small business partner with an investment from 5k to 10K too but I don't know if we're in the same interest. Once you are in Cambodia don't hesitate to contact me via email.

Thank you all for your thought, I really appreciated.

I will be in Cambodia in December and will have a better idea.

Ok! great dear.I am warm welcome you to visit in Cambodia any time.
Thnks,

Hi Ms. Mey,

I am a expat (American) and I am interested to know in what area lays your business interest. I am a professional (awarded) chef and I have an idea that I believe will work. I don't want to open another restaurant or bar. I have lived in the Philippines, Malaysia, Vietnam, Hing Kong, Thailand and I am currently in Siem Reap. I have been here for 2 months and I figured out a small business that could be lucrative and franchised. I can give you more information about my background and the business concept, just drop me a line.

Thank you for your consideration.

Cordially,

Chef Thom

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hi! If you need help, I have a khmer friend who works as a fixer for a film (and TVC) production company. She basically helps international production teams settle and/or move around, translate and get things done basically. Let me know if you'd like to get in touch!

Hi,

I had written to you a few weeks ago about a business opportunity. At that time I didn't want to elaborate as it is somewhat unique. I was wondering if you can send me your e-mail so that I can send you my particulars, CV, documents, etc. I am planning to propose this idea to another person, but wanted to see what you level of interest might be. My e-mail is *** I mentioned that I am a executive chef but I dont want to open a bar or restaurant but have an idea that still involves food. There is a market and it can be expanded and either build outlets or franchise. Also may I know when you plan to arrive in Cambodia, I am staying in Siem Reap. Thank you for your consideration.

Cordially,

Chef Thom
German Thom Santiago

Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you

Dear Ms.

I am interested in discussing with you about the business. I will be in Cambodia on 12/15/17. I can be reached at ***. If you want to start the discussion, I can see you in PP after 12/15/17.

Thanks,
Mao

Hi dear, What kind of business that you are looking for? I am interesting.

Hi friend
My name is Ali I'm from india living in cambodia siem reap I alone looking a business partner I like to start some business here
Contact me if you can
My number
Thanks

@irshadali

For security reasons it is unsafe to post any contact details on the open forum. Please use the pm system for this.

Hello i am from Turkey and planing open a small Turkish restaurant in Cambodia.
What do you think?

Mey...we are a Kiwi and a Detroiter opening a hip dive bar/arts cafe.
Many connections in Cambodia in the music and foid world.
We should talk.
When do you arrive?

:)

That's great, I'm actually planning on coming to visit from the states to see if here are any business opportunities. We should definitely meet .

How is Phenom Penh?

Typing on a bad phone...mispellings galore.

Damon G, this is a thread about people moving to Cambodia and looking for a business partner, not a general thread about Phnom Penh.

Thanks.

Joe
Cambodia expat-advisor
Expat.com team

Hi Mey!,

Sure you must have settled down by in Cambodia and preparing for your New Year.

If you still open to the partnership venture, we can discuss it further as I have got my commercial license after forming a firm as a first step.

My mail id XXX

Best regards,

Akhil

Moderated by Julien 6 years ago
Reason : for your own safety, please use the private message system to share your contact details

Hello, Ms. May!

I'm Rajj Banny, an Indian marketing professional with over twenty five years of experience. I am planning to move to Cambodia soon and saw your post on the business proposal. I can invest but could you please inform me about the business you intend getting into and what the proposal is exactly?

Thanx!

Rajj

Hi, can u give me idea about open business in Phnom Penh? Where n what kind of business can I start here for 5000$-10000$? Thanks in advance

Hi Sister

Siem Reap city is a place suitable to do business. It is growth any time, cutural and tourism, hotel and retirement. It is a pleasure place to do business and living.

Good Luck

Hello
You want to live in Cambodia
Come to kep a beach of 2km clean place, between village town and countryside in full extension!

I am French, my French wife of Khmer origin.

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : do not post your personal contact details + post your advert in the housing section

You put your advert with private details on every thread you can find, right?

When you signed up you agreed to follow the rules.

Then follow them.

No free adverts, no private details.

Got it?

Joe
Cambodia expat-advisor
Expat.com team

Hi Mtlmey,

I think this is too late to contact you but i just want to share an idea if you have not found any ideas yet to do the business.

As i am the working and growing in advertising agency, and i see Cambodia has the potential on digital sector, i offer you this kind of idea.

Regards,
IRNA

Would like to advice you about the apartment and condo buy, sales and rent. you should be invest on property that is the value cost in the future

Hi May,

I saw your post from last August 17, and maybe your plans have changed or maybe you have already started some form of business if so I hope it is going well.

I'm us based British and Australian property developer, an ex-diving instructor from Thailand.
I am very interested in a long-term plan to partner lease, or take over or develop a tourist eco-lodge beach boutique hotel, with all the trimmings yoga center, restaurant etc.

I am very interested in connecting with entrepreneurial people, like yourself especially Cambodians with Western education and I feel you are well positioned to succeed.

Please let me know what you are up to, where have your plans taken you and if you would like to connect, who knows maybe we could be of value to each other, and or just make friends ... let's see

I'm at ***

I am a big believer in a team approach to business I'm a mature business guy with money and experience but folks like you have skills energy drive etc that sort of combination can work very well if you get the balance and trust and details of a relationship correct.

Good luck

please contact me whether or not you are in Cambodia or even if you returned or have other plans I value learning about others experiences. All the best Adam Black

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the open forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system if necessary. Thank you

I wouldn't go into business here.
Get your feet on the ground and have a look at the over supply of bars and restaurants aimed at foreigners. So rule that out.
Then try to figure a way through the bureaucracy here. Set up a company, pay patent tax, get a work permit and then come back and say you still want to do business here.
5-10k is insufficient to start a business unless you are turning a profit from day one, have no lease to pay, no stock to buy, no wages to pay.
Seriously, you will blow through that before you know it.
Anyone that tells you otherwise is dreaming.
Beware anyone who has a sure fire business idea but no money of their own. Beware anyone who doesn't know you or what your proposed  business is and yet want to do business with you. So many scams here that it's untrue.