Mail or mailbox?

At one time while reading posts on the forum I saw that a suggestion was made to get a mailing address at a mailing service in Miami and to have them forward mail, particularly packages, to you via a courier or shipping service to an office in the DR that accepts your packages for you thus avoiding the higher UPS or FedEx charges. 

Can someone talk to that subject again as I believe the post was a couple of years old?

I am especially looking for the mailing office in Miami and the name of the service or company that does the shipping and if there is an office in Las Terrenas.

Nancy

Nancy,

While in Las Terrenas, we met the owner of CPS in Las Terrenas.  They provide this service.  The owner is a US Expat who has been in LT for quite a while, and in DR even longer.

http://www.cps-lasterrenas.com/

Denise

Thank you Denise.  I will contact them.  I appreciate the contract information.

Nancy

We use CPS in the Sosua/Cabarete area and are pleased with their service.

Bob K

Thanks Bob.  I did contact the CPS office in Las Terrenas and was surprised that their office is in the same complex as our condo.  That will be very handy.

Nancy

You will be happy with their service.

Bob K

I didn't realize there were condos in Plaza Colonial!  That is a great location for exploring town.  Our realtors, Doug and Helen (Beachtown Properties), are in the same complex as well.

Yes, I was surprised, too.  When we get there I'll give you our address and we can meet for coffee or something.

Nancy