Process of legal capacity to marry

Guten tag,
      Anybody who had any idea how long would it takes before we can have our legal capacity to contract marriage? 6months? ???
    Thank you

The "certificate of legal capacity to marry" ("Ehefähigkeitszeugnis") is a document issued by your home country's authorities. You should apply for it there and then get it officially translated into German.
How long it takles depends on your home country authorities' speed. But I know from friends that marrying a (non-EU) foreigner in Germany is a long, frustrating and costly affair with many such documents to be applied for and translated. My friends needed 6 months and several thousand Euros. It is easier to marry elsewhere (e.g. Denmark, Las Veghas or Singapore) and get it recognised ion Germany.

Can you give me information for marry in Denmark? 
How we can marry in Denmark.

Do a Google search for "Heiraten in Dänemark" and you will get lots of advice and various agencies that can help you (I have no experience with any of them and cannot comment further).

Hi sir,
     Me and my partner planned to marry in my country, (phillipines )would it takes a several months to get his legal capacity to marry in his country(germany )?

Julie caman wrote:

Hi sir,
     Me and my partner planned to marry in my country, (phillipines )would it takes a several months to get his legal capacity to marry in his country(germany )?

This is a document each partner must get from his/her own country, so it takes the same time in both cases.

Julie caman wrote:

Hi sir,

Hi Julie Caman,
Based  on my experience, for i have married  first in Philippines, it have need just 1 week then my Husband have the legal cpacity to marry. But of course, still depends on how fast you will have all the papers you need because its really a lot and depends too on how long will it need to be translated.

Hi, I'm planning to get married in Phil to a German national, where should he get the legal capacity to marry? Should it be from his home country or German Embassy in Manila will do? Thanks

He needs to contact the family registry (Standesamt) of his hometown.
I don't think the embassy can help - they have no access to family registry data and would forward the request to Germany anyway.

beppi wrote:

He needs to contact the family registry (Standesamt) of his hometown.
I don't think the embassy can help - they have no access to family registry data and would forward the request to Germany anyway.

I am doubtful about this answer. If a German is in the Philippines then they cannot just visit the Standesamt in their home town - and might not even be registered in Germany anymore. Will they even give such documentation requested from overseas and not in person? How can they control who is actually requesting the documentation? When I married in Germany, I had to get such documentation through the American consulate - in person. This is the normal procedure.

And people, please be informed that there is a difference between an embassy and a consulate! An ambassador sits in an embassy and takes care of political issues. Visas, passport issuing etc. are consular services. Some might be provided through an embassy as well, particularly if no seperate consulate exists in a country, but most are done at a consulate - not at an embassy.

Hi, did you get the legal capacity? I am wondering if online application or email will work to get it.

@TominStuttgart The Ehefähigkeitszeugnis must be issued by the Standesamt of your last residence in Germany. That is the rule - google it!

Whether they entertain applications by mail and which documents they need to identify you is a good question best addressed to them - I expect there are regional variations.

Also, whether an embassy or consulate can help in forwarding such an application to them should be asked at the embassy/consulate.