Best areas to live in Mauritius

Hi

My husband and I are looking to buy an apartment in Mauritius to initially let out part of the year and live part until we both retire when we hope to move permanently..

What are the best areas for  expats beach, health facilities, restaurants, theaters?

We plan to visit this year for a few weeks to check out the island.

Appreciate advice and tips.

Thanks

AL

Hi AL
Best luck for ur future adventures in mauritius

Me & my wife went to for our wedding with was in south west part of the beautiful island
We were staying in flic en flaq which we find very convenient
Everything you expect in Europe are mostly the same , diverse cultures, close to city & urban , capital and hospital

Some advice of places we recommend are : mont choosy , grand bay ,blue bay ,  flic en flaq .. mostly I will say northern western & Eastern part of the island

Hope that help
Best of luck :)

Hi,

As a non-resident with an occupation permit, are you allowed to buy property, not the $500 000 villas, but a normal property to stay in or let out?

georgedeysel wrote:

Hi,

As a non-resident with an occupation permit, are you allowed to buy property, not the $500 000 villas, but a normal property to stay in or let out?

Besides the $500,000 schemes, you can only buy an apartment in a building of 2-or-more storeys.
The purchase is subject to vetting and approval of the Board of Investment & Prime Minister's Office.