Who can answer a few silly questions about Valencia?

Hello from Sweden! My wife (Swedish)and I have had a look at Costa Blanca - no, no - and Costa Del Sol - horrible (Mijas OK)and now it is Valencias turn. Our goal is to find a house for a vacation residence but possibly work as vets there in the future.
My questions are;

1) are there many expats in Valencia- Brits, Scandinavians as there are in the other costas?

2) do you feel that more are leaving spain than comming?

3) is it true that one should purchase a property via a bank as compared to an estate agent?

Thanks to anyone with the time to give me some opinions

Mark and Lisa Collins

Hello Mark

I have visited Valencia many times when I was studying in Barcelona some years ago. Valencia is a great with many expats around! Got still some contacts there!!!

Honestly, your second question is very difficult to answer so I skip it :D:D:D

You can purchase a property directly in Spain or you can use the medium of an estate agent. However, I recommend you to appoint a lawyer to assist you when dealing with the estate agents, (especially if u r an expat there). Many agents con their clients, by making them pay for useless paperworks which worth nothing. The best way to acquire a property in spain would be to have a honest lawyer aside!

hope this helps meanwhile.

Hi Mark,

We lived in Valencia from 2006 to 2008 and still have a house there.

There are lots of expats in Valencia. We lived 20 km from the centre in a village called Puzol. It has 2 english speaking schools and the urbanizations around these schools, Monasterios, Alfinach and Montepicayo are full of expats but not as many as the other costas. Also they tend to be more either professionals or business people.

Question 2. No idea.

There should be no problem with a reputable estate agent. However note that the agent will normally charge you as the buyer between 2 - 5% of the cost of the property. So negotiate! The important thing is to find yourself a good lawyer. Also often you will be asked by the seller for a part cash payment. This is apparently quite common practice. 

Omar
[Moderated: No free ad on the forum please]