Humidity

I see it reached 85 (F)@ 28-29 C in Valencia and Bunol today.

Can someone who is living in Valencia tell me about the humidity and heat. I understand it is hot.but cooler than Madrid. We are trying to get a good handle on the humidity.

Thank you

Hello, Jennifer. 

My husband and I are now living in Valencia.  From what we have experienced so far, and what our friends tell us, it does get warm during the day from now through August and it does get humid because of the location on the coast.  We have an apartment in the area called The City of Arts and Sciences, so we are very close to the ocean.  Although it does get warm in the afternoons, by 5:00 p.m. we have a nice ocean breeze that cools things down.  Madrid does get very warm also, but since it is in the central part of Spain, it doesn't cool down like it does here in Valencia. 

Hope this helps.

Joanna

jokofi wrote:

Hello, Jennifer. 

My husband and I are now living in Valencia.  Hope this helps.

Joanna

JoAnna!!

I am so happy to hear you are actually living in Valencia!! We have had some hold ups but as still plodding along. We are still shooting for May/June 2013 as soon as the children complete te next school year.

How are you getting along? Is it as you hoped or is the down economy having a major mood impact?

So happy to hear from you,
Jennifer

Dear friend,

Valencia have quite a humid weather. The annual media is 73%.

Valencias winter is much more warm than madrid, and in summer a bit more cold as we are cooler because of the sea. Madrid is colder in winter, sometimes even snow (valencia doesnt go down of 10ºc normally in winter), and is warmer in summer, melting feeling!, valencia is 32ºc media on august.

I also live in the city of arts and sciences. For some reason, the avenida the francia is windy in summer and i always feel like im not that hot!

fairflats.com wrote:

Dear friend,

Valencia have quite a humid weather. The annual media is 73%.

Valencias winter is much more warm than madrid, and in summer a bit more cold as we are cooler because of the sea. Madrid is colder in winter, sometimes even snow (valencia doesnt go down of 10ºc normally in winter), and is warmer in summer, melting feeling!, valencia is 32ºc media on august.

I also live in the city of arts and sciences. For some reason, the avenida the francia is windy in summer and i always feel like im not that hot!

fairflats, we live on Avda Francia and it is true -- with the wind that we get here, it does seem cooler.

Thanks for the comments, we have been searching in the Arts and Science area! I'm glad for the information