Looking for HELP!

Hi, my name is Carla Manly. I am coming to Belize June 20th to the 30th. I have been to Belize several times and hope to make it our home.We are interested in the area of  Sarteneja. (It doesn't matter how I spell Sarteneja my computer says it's wrong.... what's with that?) Anyway I'm going to ask the usual question. Does anyone know of any land or small house for sale. I have always wanted to live next to the water. I once had a cottage on a lake in Ohio but had to sell. That's beside the point. I don't have a lot of money and will probably be moving down by myself. If anyone can help me in anyway I would greatly appreciate anything you can do. I am not interested in living in any kind of development, home owner association or all expat community, no offense. I want a very simple life. I will be flying in on the 20th and plan on spending a couple of nights with the Fosters by the zoo. I'm hoping they will have a lot of info for us......my sister and law and me..... Then we are not sure of what we are doing but we will be at Fernando's June 26th, 27th and 28th or maybe longer. I'm also possibly looking in Corozal.
I would love to get together with some of you guys and have a beer or coke or whatever you like to drink, first round on me. by the way if I have put this topic in the wrong place please let me know.

Hello and welcome to the forum! There is a wealth of information contained here, and you can use the search tool to search the Belize forum for specific topics. Lots of opinions as well - some good, some bad.
You might want to post in the "New members of the Belize forum" thread, as you might get more responses/information/leads.
We have property in Cayo, and spend most of our time in Belize in the southern half of the country, so I can't really help you with the Corozal area. There are a lot of people on the forum who may be able to.
Good luck in your search, and I hope you find the place you are looking for.

Why not look at the quaint fishing village of Consejo, north of Corozal very quiet and I am sure you could find a few lots available that are not on communities

It would be great to know your budget. Houses and lots could vary greatly in price. I know those lots in Corozal Town in Finca Solana, not on any association second row to the water back, cost only $10k USD. You could build a Mennonite home for less than $30k. Then, of course, you could get a lot or home that would cost hundreds of thousands.

Hi, thanks for the info. Do you know of anyone in that area that I can talk with?

Will do thanks!

Thank you!