Brits

Hi,any British expats fancy making contact with us ?.

hi I am not but I have a friend that is from the UK.  I f you will private message me with yI caour emial address I can forward the info to her.

Kris

Hi we are Brits living in Cayo, currently here in UK will be in BZ Sept.

hi,we are looking at corozal as we want to be near the sea,dayo area looks nice though,cant wait to get there now,but its hard to know how to move aa large amount of money from uk to belize,any suggestions,were looking at around 200,000 us.hope to see you soon.

I am not a British XPAT I am from Detroit.  I did work in London for 6 months in the early 90's.  My favorite question to ask a Limey was -

How do you like the improvements we Yanks have made to our shared language?   

Unfortunately  none of the British responses to my inquiry are suitable for print in this Forum.

Suffice it to say ALL responses were other than appreciative.

When I was in England it was explained to me by a group of English folks if some jerk bumps into me I am to say SORRY to him. 

I explained Americans have a hard enough time saying sorry to someone when it is our fault and you expect me to say sorry when it isn't.  IN harmony all emphatically shouted YES.

20 years on I say Sorry to the Jerk who bumps into me.

hi john,yes we are quite a polite bunch us brits,well thats until we get pushed to far and then watch out.

I have a British friend here, who is in charge of selling ocean front property.

Since I'm no salesman, if you are interested in contacting him please send me a private PM, and I'll give you his contact info.

Hi we have a business in Belize and have off plan beach front property for sale in Caye Caulker.My partner is a builder and we build to British standards,  Go to okcayecaulker and have a look when you have the time. As to moving your money if you send me a private message with your email then I can offer some advice. We are from Wales and England.
best regards Thelma and Gerald  :cool:

Hi  I am a Brit(all the best people are :)) I am coming down next week. As my son says I am taking him to the Jungle and leaving him there.
My son will be looking after (ie working it) the Farm we are renting to check it out for feasibility as the retirement property for my husband and I to purchase in the next year or so. We do Know Belize, we lived there for 2 years 20 years ago with the British force Hospital. We made lots of friends in the Cayo area then and have kept in touch and revisited Belize several times since. As Our two favourite areas are Cayo and Placencia, The Farm, we hope, will work out well. It is on the Hummingbird highway Midway between Belmopan and Dangriga, so within reasonable striking distance of most of the areas that we would want to go to on a regular Basis.
I have no delusions as to what we are getting into and the fact we are taking over a property in the location this is in the middle of the Rainy season should show we are either simply really adventurous or just insane. I am sure if you are in Cayo you will either know or hae heard of some of our friends.
you can PM me as I will soon be there,YAY

Hi
I am English and my wife is Irish.

We moved to Ambergris Caye Lin May 2012 (having been coming here on holiday for 15 years prior to that). We love it here.

Good luck with your move.

abelizehomeforus.wordpress.com

Oh John Henry nice
I carry both British and Irish passports, The family farm Of my Dads family is still worked by some of my Cousins in Sligo. We are thinking there must be a farming Gene lurking in our collective DNA which is making our insane plan of working with acres of Jungle(ok someone else did the hard work over the last 30 odd years)Fruit farm.

I am not a Brit, but there is Brit retired military here in Consejo Shores (just outside of Corozal) If you're interested in hearing from him, I'll forward info.  Actually, there are quite a few Brits in the area.

Hi there John & Deb not quite an expat yet but trying hard to make the move we have already built a place in Corozal District and have been coming going to Belize for over 10 years now if you need any info or advise just drop us a line hopefully we can be a help
Cheers
John n Deb

Why would you want to move money?  Bring your debit cards and go to bank. Take out what you need.  Keep your money save and do not let the local gov. know what you are about.  Otherwise you can end up like McAffe.

moving $200k to Belize may not be your best choice.   those who move money may suggest other destinations.   based on what little I have observed, I would not bring it here unless you can document the legal origin of every dime!!!   The "war on terror" has tentacles in everyones finances these days.

My neighbours and best friends in Belize just moved from Sherwood a year and a half ago.  They love it in Belize.  His wife just went back for a visit and once she returned to Belize, she said she wanted to come home to Belize after only 3 days in Britain. They love it in Corozal.  A Scottish couple moved to Corozal in the past year or so. They opened a meat pie shop, it's a taste of home for our neighbours. Enjoy your trip.

Do you mean Morgans, Lovely Couple  The best bake good ever.  Scones, Bread etc.  On 5th St. open Thurs, Fri and Sat. Only

That's exactly who I am talking about, they are a wonderful couple and there son is a gem as well.  There pies are perfect, drenched in brown gravy.

cheers dave,i had heard about the pie shop,sounds nice.

going to the pie shop today.

Hi Terrific !  Just saw your August post regarding your farm on Hummingbird.  We are Clay and Barbara, and we purchased "Phoenix Hill" at St. Margaret's Village on Hummingbird 2+ years ago.  Planning to move to our Belize home permanently in next couple of years  -  waiting for official retirement.  So it seems that we are neighbors  -  would love to make contact when we are there in November !  We always hang out with Mr. Francis at Over-The-Top  -  if you would like to meet and have a sip or two, please leave your info with Mr. Francis and we will get in touch.

Unfortunately we did not purchase that property it was 'not as advertised' The seller did not tell any fibs the house was lovely but all the photos and info was from several years ago and he had not been working the place for about 2 years with obvious consequences.
Ok hard work would get it back into shape, The big thing though was he forgot to mention that the small piece of land he sold off a couple of years ago which as he described it "it was on the flood zone so not much good" Was virtually all the frontage to the hummingbird and was also the  access area to the other 18 acres, as a result there is NO vehicular access onto the property unless the purchaser builds a bridge over the year round creek and fills in the rest of the flood area in front of it. It was a crushing disapointment, We could not even get the truck emptied, so we had lunch in Hummingbird Cummunity  got back in the truck and drove down to placencia to think about our next move. My son is  presently staying in Soccutz and checking out places as I find them on line to make sure we do not have the same experience again. We are presently checking out a promissing place near Middlesex, we do like the hummingbird area. We did look at a place advertised the outskirts of st Margarets but it was totally isolated and again nice house but little or no usable land. On the bright side I did get a couple of weeks in my favourite country in the world.