How many suitcase I can take to brazil by airplane

Hi there, 

I'planning to move to Brazil next January 2018 .
My question is how many suitcase I can take with me on the airplane to move to Brazil ?
I heard from someone you can take up to 10 suitcase if you have a not from your consulate.
My second question is do you have provided a past 6 months or 12 months identity/ mailing address in the USA because I live right now with friends and don't have to pay PG&E or Comcast .
Can somebody help me with my questions ?

Thank you in advance  !
Michael

MichaelSch

The number of suitcases depends on the airline. I believe 10 is the most. You will pay a fee for the excess. Best to check with the airline.

You will need a visa to move here.  Are you going to apply for a viper?  I need more information to advise question two.

Jim

Hey Jim ,

Thanks for getting back to me.  Yes the number of suitcase I'm pretty much know and Airline  . The think is here ...I heard that you can take up to 10 suitcase for free on the airplane when you provide something like mailing address or PG&E bill which I do pay anymore . Where I can get this paper to get up to 10 suitcase for free on the airplane  ?

Also Jim I don't know what is a Viper ? Yes I know I have to apply for a visa . I will that for a permanent and then apply also for the green card .

Mike

Someone has given you some confusing information. The airline will not let you bring 10 suitcases free. After you get your permanent visa (Viper) you will be able to bring your belongings duty-free one time. The airline will charge for the excess baggage. You will get 2 checked bags free, The rest you will pay for.

Jim

Hi Jim ,

OK,  thank you so much for responding  !

Mike

Hi what  is  the  reason  for  Moving  too  Brazil.  Marraige or  Work?.  If it's  work  related,  the company  you work  gor or who  is  sponsoring  you has  to  sort  out  documents  before  you  travel.

As for  marriage  would  it be  a Civil  Union  or  Marraige.  I  found  the Civil Union  to  be  more  demanding  with  the proof  that  is  needed and time  it  can take to fully  complete. 
Marraige  has still  got  a lot  involved.  You  would  need  a lot of  documents  from  your  Native  country.  The actual  process  of Marraige  can take  a couple  of  months  to complete.   You need  to  be married  first before  applying  for Viper  you  csn complete  it all  in Brazil  but   it's  time  consuming.  Tge  best  option  which  I did. 
Once  married  return  to  Native  country  with  all the documents  you  need. check  local  Brazilian  Consulate, then  apply  at  consulate.  And once  you  have  the  Resident Visa  then  return  to Brazil  and  go  to  Federal  Police within  a  month  of  your return  to  finalise  it sll snd   apply  for  I. D.  Card

The permanency visa is now a simple process since you did it. It is approved immediately if you provide all the documents and pay all the fees. The CIE will arrive in about 60 days. No need to leave Brazil to complete it.

Jim