Jobs In Athens for English people

Can anyone please tell me or let me know the following things

1) is there anyone out there looking for an english speaking mechanic.

2) is there anyone out there looking for and english speaking general handyman.

3) is there anyone out there who has any information about english driving jobs

4) does anyone know of any property buyers out there also

5) if anyone has any ideas on the above and does not want to send info here please also add me at linkedin  same picture and same name Dale Williams

Hello Dale&Elfie,

I would suggest you to drop an advert in the Jobs in Athens section to increase the visibility of your request, hence increasing the possibility of finding an employer.

Best of luck. :)

Regards,

Sarvesh

Dear Sarvesh,

Thank you for your kind reply to our post, we have actually done this before and put up ads for jobs and registered with so many agencies and companies,also we have both worked for here in Greece before in many different roles,but its getting harder to find honest employers and honest people who want you or even want to know about you.

Thanks again for your reply all the very best to you too.

Regards

Dale

Hi Dale and Effi,have you thought of living on one of the bigger Islands of Greece because you would find many expats who would prefer to employ a British handyman with English language,perhaps would trust them more.Crete perhaps where there are so many expats from many different countries,or Rhodes,but particularly Crete.Just outside of Athens towards Elefsina there is a logistics holding center for many well known companies supermarkets etc,they may have driving jobs or Ikea,they transport to Islands etc..Where we have our cottage one hour outside of Athens,used to be a great place for a handyman,house repairs but now its difficult,some other nationalities are there but people dont have the money now for work to be done on their houses,having said that it is still possible there if you become well liked and trusted as two Romanian brothers are and they work for 25 euro per day each and normally work together.Life is cheap in our little village and natural foods are easily got without chemicals so that one can survive with a bit of work,the countryside just out of Athens is wonderful and I do believe that Greece is still good,great place to live if we can all find some work to earn a bit of money.Fixing air conditioning,boilers etc is a good one but you need to get known in a local area and trusted.Dont give up,I wish you to find something,its just getting some connections.Also have you tried the motorbike repair shops,they are everywhere,this is the land of bikes.

Dear Concertina,

Thank you for all your advice in your reply and yes we are aware of all the islands of greece as my wife is greek and as for all the driving jobs and mechanics jobs yes i personally have applied,but as i find it difficult even after 3 years to learn the greek language, the companies although looking for english still want you to be fluent in greek which for me is difficult, as for the money side of greece yes i totally understand that its all over due to the ever incresing crap of the capitol control, we have 2 property's and our son is in the army here so its all good and i love greece and the people etc, i may even work for some people free,but would like to think they will return favours if they can.

Thanks for all your kind words and help.

Dale

Dear Dale and Efie,

I just posted a job offer on expat.com
I have no idea if this would be something for you or Efie.
Therefor have a look and come back to me if you are interested.
The job is Home Management for a villa in Tragana - Pylos. (Messinia)
Thanks
Catherine