Sharing experiences: local application in a public university in BA

Hello!
I am looking for people who already applied locally as foreigners (non Mercosur) to a public university in BA (without an exchange programm). Personnally, I would like to do some studies here in 2011 while working, but I can hardly find information on this application procedure.

It would be great to share tips and experiences.
Thanks in advance!
Greetings, Lau

Hey!

I don't mean to disappoint you, but myself I had to do an equivalence course (duration and subjects to sit for depend on your home country educational program) and sit for the exams accordingly. It allowed me to get my Argentinian bachiller (secondary school diploma) which is needed to get enrolled at UBA. Back in Ukraine I had already finished my first year at the university, but here in Argentina they didn't care about it, I had to go for the equivalence...
But then, it was back in 2002, perhaps now it has changed. Also, I believe it depends on what kind of studies you want to do, if it's not a full degree you're after, then hopefully you may skip all this fuss somehow.

Good luck!
Iryna

it confirms a little bit my impression ... seems that it depends of the university, subject and grade you choose.
Anyway, I know that it works sometimes!
I dont loose hope :-)