Local Mover Estimates?

Hey everyone!

I briefly googled this but all of the broker websites for local movers kept saying they don't service PR. Anyone know of the approximate price for a local move on the island? I'd need a 4 bedroom moved from Dorado to Aguada (potentially). Right now I'm just trying to get quotes. Mainly so I can sue my current landlord and I'd like to add a price to this certified letter to his attorney.

Thanks!

You might have some luck searching on Facebook. I searched for mudanzas Puerto Rico  and a few popped up. Might help joining the classifieds pages for the towns or "pulgueros" online. People often post things for sale or services. Good luck!

Join the facebook group 'Friends of Rincon' and see if anybody there knows of someone in Aguada. Lots of people advertising their services there and really all you need is a couple of guys and a box truck...

Also, check in the local newspaper. There's some small companies that do moving around the island. PR yellow pages on line have some listed.

Thanks everybody! If we move to Aguada it's almost 2 hours away, wondering how much that will be.

I will say depending of if you hire a local guy or a bigger company $300-500.

You can go the other route, rent a truck for the day($150) and hired a couple of guys for the day($70/ea/day plus lunch and beer).

It is not the trip that gets the price up, the island is not that big and you are not going far.
It is the number of furniture pieces and the number of boxes articles. They have to pack them, move them to the truck, drive them then take them out and onto your place and maybe also unpack.

So several hours of body tiring effort in the heat.
Cheapest would be a crew of maybe 3 or 4 you hire. They get the truck and you just guide them. If they get the truck and there is an accident you are in the clear, you just give them the money for the truck.

Garcia Trucking moved our stuff. Not sure how much it will be for your move but they were really professional and we had no problems with them.  They give free estimates.

http://www.garciatrucking.com/
Telephone
(787) 762-5353 or (787) 762-5700

Bribri, you may want to make an entry for them in the business section so it is preserved. Instructions under the subject about recommendations