Tasis vs. Baldwin

Hello,

We are moving from Seattle to the Dorado Beach area.  We arrive this week for a 5 night home tour, school tour, see the island for our first time tour!  I have a 16 year old son and 13 year old daughter.  We are going to look at Tasis and Baldwin for their school choices.  If anyone has any input on living in Dorado and the schools I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,
Angela

Welcome to the Expat forum and to Puerto Rico soon.

Have you visited the schools? I wanted to love TASIS but they are just not up to par compared to St Johns and Baldwin, imho. There's a bus that takes former TASIS high schoolers to St Johns every day, and the numbers keep growing. My kids are at St Johns. I hear good things about Baldwin too.

If your going to be living in Dorado the best option for you is Tasi school.

We moved here from NJ in July and my children attend Baldwin. They absolutely love it and very happy with the school and staff. We do live in Guaynabo so it is only a 10 minute drive for us. Dorado is about 45 minutes away. I know they offer transportation, not sure if they do from Dorado though. I do say picking a school close to where you live is helpful. There are times I could be at the school 4-5 times a day with activities and sports. Good luck!

The farther the school the worse for the kids, spending an hour in traffic each way or when there is an accident makes it hard on the kids and parents, so even if they provide transportation it is hard still.