Filipinos in Puerto Rico

I'm looking for a Filipino community in Puerto Rico. I'm from the Philippines and will soon move to PR hopefully by mid-year. My husband is very concerned about me getting homesick in PR and so he felt that it is better for us to settle in mainland USA because there are lots of Filipino communities there. I have been to PR and I love the place. The major considerations of living there permanently are: getting job that does not require fluency in Spanish, and having a Filipino community. Hope to meet kababayan in PR.

Hello MiraOMG and welcome to the forum !
If you wish to meet Filipinos in Puerto Rico, you could go to the Puerto Rico expat network and find some fine people around :) .

you can also find more useful information in the Living in Puerto Rico guide

I wish you good fortune in this journey and wish you a good day :)

Loïc

Thank you, Loic.

MiraOMG wrote:

I'm looking for a Filipino community in Puerto Rico. I'm from the Philippines and will soon move to PR hopefully by mid-year. My husband is very concerned about me getting homesick in PR and so he felt that it is better for us to settle in mainland USA because there are lots of Filipino communities there. I have been to PR and I love the place. The major considerations of living there permanently are: getting job that does not require fluency in Spanish, and having a Filipino community. Hope to meet kababayan in PR.

I could be wrong, but I am not aware of any communities like that, neither this or that, in PR communities are very integrated. My best guessis that  they are probably 200 filipino families in PR out of 3.2 million people.

200! That's quite a good number. Hope to meet them.

Hi Mira,

Let me know . I will add u up in our kababayan in Puerto Rico in Facebook .

I can say we are connected to 100 Pinay married to Puertorican . Some are spouses of USCG , Army station in PR . Monthly each town has 1 Filipino family .

Yes,  please add me to the group. Thanks.

I think u sent msg in kababayan page sa fb

Oki doki

Add XXX fb ko or messenger

Moderated by Julien 4 years ago
Reason : for your own safety, please use the private message system to share your contact details
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Where are you in PR?

I'm here in the north of Puerto Rico .
Camuy . Where u planning to move??

I'm here in the north of Puerto Rico .
Camuy . Where u planning to move??

Hi guys, Im living in old san juan. Kamusta po?

Moderated by Priscilla 2 years ago
Reason : Advertising of external groups is not allowed
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Good Morning...My name is Javier Torres, we at the Caribbean District of the Iglesia Ni Cristo, are planning to visit the Island in hopes to establish a worship center, We need to gather in prayer  and unite, For more Information don't hesitate to contact me in this venue.

@beaux211 Kumusta! I just sent a request to join the group on Facebook ❤️

@faisalkamal, r u Filipino lives in puerto rico, where in puerto rico and what fb group are you talking about, is there fb group for Filipino in PR, you speak Filipino

@erickparas Yes I am. It won't allow me to post the name of the group here because it contains a Tagalog word

@MiraOMG hi I'm emilyn from philipines I live now in puertorico

Hello Emilyn Lozada,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f603.svg

Could you please tell us more about you?

For how long have you been in Puerto Rico?

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team
Hello Emilyn.

Welcome to Puerto Rico.

Where exactly are you in PR? I am also Filipina and would love to meet more Filipinos in PR.
wow, I thought I'm the only Filipino here in Puerto Rico, wish you all the best here in Puerto Rico, its kinda hard if you don't speak Spanish

Good Evening from Makati. I have been living in the Philippines for 9 years and now moving to PR for my work. Love to meet Filipino friends and family there. Thanks

@MiraOMG hi, its been 3 years since u wrote this note, i am puertorican but my fiance is from Philippines, QC, i wish to ask you some question about the process, so he can come here with me.. i hope u still have this page

@Emilyn Lozada hi, how can i get in contact with all of u guys, im puertorican but my boyfriend is from Philippines, i have so many question to ask u guys please add me..

I'm about to move out to states, im a US army station here in PR, never meet a Filipino since I move here back August 2021

@erickparas so sad, all my friends are filipinos, even my boyfriend is from there, but they are all in Filipinas