Need an advice.

Hi all members,
We are currently will be locating to Jakarta in the next 3 months. We really need an advice about where is the best place to live as an expats in terms of security and community issue. My husband's office will be located in BSD.
We are a family of four, my name is Malinee I'm Thai my husband is British we have 2 beautiful babies they are 3 years old boy and 1 year old girl.
We really need help as we have no idea where to start.
Thank you in advance.

If BSD then live in BSD, there are a of Expats in the area and the Fred knows more about the place than Sinarmas and I am he will contact you to give you ideas.

I would hope that your husbands company will also offer support and advice for accommodation and somewhere to stay. BSD is just outside Jakarta and it is a newly developing satellite city with everything you need inside it. It is not too far from the airport and has pretty good transport links to Jakarta and Java.

lukereg wrote:

If BSD then live in BSD,.

Absolutely 100% correct.

lukereg wrote:

Fred knows more about the place than Sinarmas.

I lived there twice over 4 years and explored a lot so I have a fair idea.

BSD has large supermarkets, cinemas and pretty much everything else you could want but the parks aren't fantastic - way better than before, but not fantastic.

Many of the larger companies (including schools) will arrange housing for you but it's very easy to find in that area, the final choice depending more on budget than anything else.
The roads are crowded, the traffic system is a mess and discipline is something other people do, but it's a safe area with not much by way of trouble.

If your company isn't going to find accommodation, tell us your budget and I'll suggest some estates.
Again, if the job doesn't provide housing, tell me the place you're working by PM and I'll suggest some places by the same method.

The house should be in a guarded estate where possible but don't worry about swimming pools and all that as there are a few in the area including Ocean park, a large kids' play area with water slides and all you would expect..

Easy to get a blue bird taxi by phone or app and they're reliable.

I await questions or a PM.

Thank you so much.
I have sent Fred a message.

lukereg wrote:

If BSD then live in BSD, there are a of Expats in the area and the Fred knows more about the place than Sinarmas and I am he will contact you to give you ideas.

I would hope that your husbands company will also offer support and advice for accommodation and somewhere to stay. BSD is just outside Jakarta and it is a newly developing satellite city with everything you need inside it. It is not too far from the airport and has pretty good transport links to Jakarta and Java.

Thank you for your help.
The company isnt offer accommodation housing they just offered the driver for my husband. 😊

I know the place in question but the larger house you're looking at is going to cost quite a bit more than the prices quoted on other threads.

Perhaps you could give us an idea of budget.

Fred wrote:

I know the place in question but the larger house you're looking at is going to cost quite a bit more than the prices quoted on other threads.

Perhaps you could give us an idea of budget.

Sorry just discuss with husband.
We willing to pay 25,000,000 - 30,000,000 a month and maximum 400,000,000 a year.
Anything lower than that but it nice is will be great.

Regards

Malineegreenway wrote:

We willing to pay 25,000,000 - 30,000,000 a month and maximum 400,000,000 a year.

Regards

You can get Buckingham palace for that sort of money.
A 3 bed in an older but still nice secured estate starts at Rp30 million/year but the best estates will cost more; however, way below Rp 400 million per year.

Fred wrote:
Malineegreenway wrote:

Regards

You can get Buckingham palace for that sort of money.
A 3 bed in an older but still nice secured estate starts at Rp30 million/year but the best estates will cost more; however, way below Rp 400 million per year.

Wow!!! Good to know.
Thanks a lot.
So I can save money for my child's education.