For israeli travelers with a second passport

I have two passports, an Israeli and an American. I will be making a trip with three one-way tickets, different airlines: Tel-Aviv-Vietnam, Vietnam-Sri Lanka, Sri Lanka- Tel Aviv.  The problem is that the only reasonably priced flights for that second leg fly through Kuala Lumpur, which does not allow Israeli citizens even in transit. :-(  . I know that I must exit Israel on my Israeli passport, but I do not know how I can juggle my passports after that. (Unfortunately, I already have the ticket to Vietnam, so it is too late to think about going to Amman first. But I don't have the Vietnamese visa yet.) For example, can I present my Israeli passport at the outgoing passport control, yet register with the airlines on my American passport? Or if I fly with my Israeli passport, can I apply for a Vietnamese visa on my American passport and thus enter Vietnam on the US passport? Or can I enter Vietnam on the Israeli passport, have the Vietnam visa based on my Israeli passport, but then exit with and fly with my American passport? Other suggestions?

Israeli passports are an issue in many countries, including Malaysia.
Any sign you're Israeli will see you refused entry or transit, more likely dumped back on the first flight to where ever you flew from.

Hey, Fred, you are definitely right, which is why I will probably end up just taking a more expensive flight, and put Malaysia on my list of unreasonable countries.

Malaysia is a wonderful country.

You're making the classic and rather silly mistake of assuming the whole country follows what their politicians believe.

That didn't really answer his question about can you switch passports on the other end, but I guess they see what passport you used when flying.

So one can NEVER fly out with their US passport even going back to the US??? :  (

learning2016 wrote:

That didn't really answer his question about can you switch passports on the other end,

I'm less than interested in trying to help someone who lumps a whole country together because he doesn't like what their politicians do.
I've found the answer, but his attitude stopped me posting it.

Umm, he has the right to dislike a country if it aggravates him.

Very immature that if someone (me) asks for the answer as well, that you refuse to provide it.

Anyway, I won't bother to talk to you anymore, as I don't deal with immaturity.

As I dislike bigotry and racism in all its forms, I'm less than inclined to help anyone who displays such terrible traits.
If rejecting bigotry is childish - I'm guilty.

To those who started a discussion based on my jocular remark (that unfortunately did not come out as I meant it) about Malaysia being an "unreasonable country", I apologize for my over-hasty phrasing. I had hoped that it was obvious (but I was wrong) that I meant "countries with certain unreasonable political policies that I can name". In fact, that list covers a lot of countries.  I actually have been in Malaysia before, and do not have anything against the people there. Yes, Malaysia is a beautiful country, and I found the people there quite friendly.  (Nonetheless, certain Malaysian political stances -- that had nothing to do with Israel -- had already put the country on this list of countries with unreasonable political policies, so I was just adding yet another policy that annoys me.) So again, my apologies for the misunderstanding, and I will be more careful with my phrasing in the future.