Need A Job In Nairobi, Kenya!

Hi Guys,

I am experienced professional from India with 6+ Years of experience in Customer Service field, I am looking for a job in Nairobi.

Can anyone please suggests further process or help me out to find best available vacancies?

Hello,

To get any type of job in Kenya, you must have a work permit.  It is illegal to do any type of work without one, including unpaid. 

To obtain a work permit, you must first secure a job offer.  Your employer then applies for your work permit.  Part of this process involves the employer providing evidence that the role cannot be filled from the local job market.  The whole process tends to take 2 or 3 months. 

The government have recently become much more strict over the issuance of work permits, because of the very high unemployment level amongst Kenyans and the relatively higher salary that foreigners tend to be paid, compared to local workers. 

It helps if you have a set of skills of which there is a shortage in the local job market.  Unfortunately, my feeling is that customer services may be an area in which it is difficult to secure employment as a foreigner.

Can you work as a freelancer? Then get to us via [email protected]. We'll be able to guide you on how to get some job. Thanks.

I would have thought that its OK if you are freelancing for a company that isn't based in Kenya/your salary is paid from overseas, for example when you work online.  But for Kenyan based freelancing, you should have a work permit.

Personally, I don't think its worth trying to get around the rules.  If you are caught, its an offence which can result in prison, if you are unlucky.  Kenyan authorities often like to make examples of foreigners!

Hey ...can i get the free lancer job