Need guidance on Job offer and Salary Package !!!!!!!!

Hi,
I have just got a job offer as a IT Manager from Kenya ( Nairobi) based company (Owner is Indian). They have offered me Kshs 1,24,000 per month + Bachelor Accommodation and Veg FOOD provided by company and +common transportation. This offer is for initial joining. After six month company will revised my salary and give me a family status.

When family will join that time, company will take care my family joining visa only. No other benefits (like Medical for family + children education allowance and family joining air fare expense..etc . These all expense, I have to bear so please guide. is it good offer ? Can I save money in my current salary package ?

awating for your guidance..

Doesnt sound good at all to be honest! At 124k, yo will just abt manage to scrape through.
Not just visas, work permit + family dependent passes are crucial and expensive. Shipping is expensive as well. Medical is mandatory for all limited companies, and medical attention is nearly 3 times more expensive than where you come from.
What you are being paid is what is the standard salary locally, but as an expat, your needs will be greater (safe accommodation, security etc.
Average salary for an IT manager with 5+ years of experience should be in the region of 300,000. That should sort you out.

Work permit and dependant pass ???  Africalove is right, it is crucial !!  Six months - it's exactly the duration of a tourist visa, you can't work in Kenya without a work permit.

Then Africalove is right about the rest, 124k is a local salary for a very good IT...  A bit low for expat salary.  Then, medical cover is mandatory !!

hi,
i have an offer for sales managers post in an auomotive parts co.what should b an good package n benifits along with it.pls reply soon so i can decide on relocating my family from dubai.

hi ramesh - the offer is not that worthwhile. there are companies which pay twice as much plus benefits to expats. so be careful

@ sunny - depends which automative company your looking at - be careful with your selection

need anymore info just give me a shout

i have got job in nairobi and they are offering 1200 dollars +school fees whenever applicable with furnished accomadation.

can u plz suggest is that a good offer? iam moving soon so plz reply as fast as possible

KShs 124,000 per month with a family is not a good offer.  The cost of good medical care would cost you from KShs 40,000/85 to get USD equivalent.  As an IT Manager, at least Kshs 250k plus would be somewhat comfortable, but you will live a basic life. 
Regards
Anita, [Moderated]

yes that is a fair offer. however, in order to survive well with that amount of money, you may need to set up a separate business that can bring in more income. get in touch for further details.

Hi Ramesh,

This deal is no good. Once you are engaged as an expatriate the employer should provide a work permit for you, dependents passes for your dependents and airfare. Accommodation and medical cover are also a standard requirement.

The salary also seems abit low for an expatriate

All the best,

Jane

I understand,
if you work for the company in a virtual (not physically)
on-line (many friends in chile systems engineers also like that:). you do not require a
work permit, since theoretically, you do not have a physical presence in the company. ( It is impossible to verify that the company you work for )so.,,
the payments $$$ you Can absorve for a safe and reliable system: paypal [ For sample ] is cool ( and easily removed with an ATM card linked in kenya and anywhere on the planet :). You might be in trouble as a tourist kenya ... 6 months maximun ¡, (so. can working from a u private place in Kenya:  "home via : On-line") and visit the company on-site one a week, to say:
Hello everybody.

Cost of grocery n daily items at Nakumat supermarket is 3 times the cost of Big bazaar. Wat will u eat n Wat will u save ? Very low salary. Don't join. They won't get anyone at this paltry salary anyway

Dear Ramesh,
This salary is not good, Nairobi is very costly just for calculation more than 3 times if you want to compare with Indian cost.
And medical insurance is must