Part time volunteer work

Hey guys-

I'm not too busy these days and would like to do some volunteer teaching 1-2 days a week. All of the programs I've found want me to pay to volunteer. Anyone know of a good program? Or a website with links to volunteer opportunities.

Thanks

Mick

Hello Mick.

Do not hesitate to post an advert in the Social category (Volunteering) in the Nairobi Jobs section. It may help. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Mick,

I know of a Youth Polytechnic (trainees 16-25) who can use a volunteer to teach English starting next year.

Take a look at their Facebook page. facebook.com/waithakattc

If you are interested let me know.

Nina

Hi Mick,
what do you teach or would you like to teach?

I also have the same question.  I am a primary school teacher who'd like to volunteer a few days a week.  I am not sure how I can find a place to volunteer to teach kids or teach English somewhere here.  Any info?

Same here! I'm an accountant and would like to volunteer one evening every week...any ideas?

Hi there, do not forget at the section Jobs in Nairobi.;)

Harmonie.

hi ,I see that you have internet access :)
then you can volunteer to work on projects of computer programming,
design, and similar projects in the website:

http://www.onlinevolunteering.org/en/vo … index.html

asante sana

Pd.
I am trying to apply for some jobs computer :)

Hi i volunteer HR counsulting servies to a small NGO here in Nairobi, supporting unaccompanied refugee girls.  They have english, maths and other basic classes and i suppose they would be interested in more volunteers. Send me a message for more details . Thanks

Hi!! There is wonderful school/orphanage in Kwanguare called Children Garden Home. Check in their website and Youtube. Give it a go!

[Moderated: Please communicate by PM]

Hello.
kindly contact me anna on 0722491166. You can teach in a school based in pangani.

reg,
anna

Hello Anna -> To note that this thread is a bit old. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie