Security Company

Hi People
I would like to start a private security company in nairobi.
I know that a security company does not need any vetting at all but is it the same if you are a foreigner?
For the visas i think the local embassy will tell me the necessary steps.
So please if you have any relevant infos on the security business
in nairobi please let me know.
Many thanks in advance

Hi Legioner!

I hope other members will be able to give you some useful advices soon ;)

Wish you good luck
Armand

hi,

see the links
bestfinancialarticles.com/11733/doing-business-in-kenya-questions-on-residence-security-labour-taxes-registration-land-etc/
investmentkenya.com

Security is a pretty crowded marketplace in Nairobi - all the best.

In running such a company, I imagine a Certificate of Good Conduct from Kenya Police would be required, particularly for your staff. 

Of course you would need to have a work permit, probably Class H.  I have posted elsewhere about the requirements for this.  There is also a Kenyan Government website, with information.

Its useful to find someone who has experience of dealing with visa applications, as they know exactly what immigration is looking for in terms of your application.  It is very important to get it right first time - permits are much more difficult to obtain, on appeal

Good luck.

hi and welcome - please be careful regarding reg of a security co here esp being a foreigner. Setting up a business is fairly easy but it becomes trickier depending on your trade. I have done consultancy work for several security firms however one particular scenario a foreigner was seriously vetted by the security agencies and his immigration status revoked as they were claims that he was training and recruiting Kenyans (ex servicemen) for possible mercenary action around the world. With increased terrorism and soured diplomatic relations things have become a bit more trickier. Getting a permit will be your biggest issue as immigration will seriously vet you (not just on grounds of your trade not being 'one kenyans cannot do' but on the grounds of national security interests. Tread carefully especially with whom you deal with. You will need to liaise with several Govt agencies before setting up.

I want to start a security company in Kenya.Need business environment info because I already have experience in security in the government.I also have a couple of foreigners who are ready to add their experience.

Hello Kifaru -> Just to note that this thread is old (2011). ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : no free ads please + register in the business directory

You're are welcome I am also of the mind to start asecurity company but looking for partners

I am Jacob I have trainings on security also of the mind but looking for partners of you willing to join hands

Moderated by Anas 5 years ago
Reason : For your own security,do not share your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Omuse and welcome to https://www.expat.com,

Just to remind you,this thread has been inactive for more than  three years.
I invite you to post an ad on Nairobi classifieds : Business partners in Nairobi where you will have more chances to find partners.

Best of luck.
Anas,
Exapt.com Team :)

Thanks bro I appreciate.
All the Best

Hi,
I am interested. Kindly get to me on my mail. ***

Moderated by Christine 5 years ago
Reason : please share your contact via your private message system. Thank you.