Pemanent resident based on stable union

I was at the federal police in Aracaju today and they said I needed a declarations of no criminal record but had to get it at the consulate in Salvador. This is the last document needed. I had one I got in lagarto but they want it from the consulate. Any input on how this works. I'm an  american in stable union with brazilian 2 years.

The federal police had me sign a declaration which they provided. You should go back and ask for it. If necessary deal with someone else.  Unless permanency by stable union works differently,  you should only have to furnish the same documents that I furnished by marriage.

He said for a stable union you have to provide a criminal record check but not for marriage. He said to go to Salvador and get a declaration from them. I do not understand why i can't sign the declaration in the PF.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 81#3528418

Hi

Please refer to my reply posted in the above given link in order to have a clear idea of some of the major difference between applying through marriage or stable union.

If you need info on how to receive a criminal certificate I would follow this link listed below: 

US Background check information.

I live in Lagarto, Sergipe, 1 1/2 hours from Aracaju. I have to mail my fingerprint cards and forms to a fbi channeler. What is the best way to send in mail from here.

Hi CeJames

I have just responded to your question in your second post

Regards

Stanza