Its me Joe, this is my Intro

Hello,

My name is Joe Calderon, I am a retiree, and I am married. My wife, Dorie and I are empty nesters, we raised two boys, who are of age with families of their own. My eldest son is a Hospital Corpsman with the U.S. Navy Seal Team and the youngest is a Systems Engineer working for Microsoft Corporation. We have four grandchildren, Tiyanna, 22, Michael, 15, Dawnee, 13 and Alex, 2.

My wife and I currently reside in Winchester, CA, USA. My origin is the Philippine Island of central Luzon from a little town called Cavite City located in the historic province of Cavite, the root of the Philippine independence movements. Because of its strategic location it was vital for both American and Filipino soldiers to defend the city against the Japanese occupation, as consequence the city suffered devastations from both warring parties, Americans and Japanese. Situated within Cavite City were two U.S. bases. The U.S. Army airborne battalion, and at Sangley Point, the U.S. Naval Air Station.

I am a Vietnam era veteran, who served with the U.S. Navy for eleven years, attached with the United States Naval Amphibious Construction in Yokosuka, Japan during the conflict. I was honorably discharged in 1971. Upon discharge, I worked during the day and, attended night classes at Skyline Community College in San Bruno, earning an Associate degree in Business Administration. I continued to attend college at the San Jose State University, and subsequently, earned a Bachelor's Degree in Political Science. In the later years, I also earned a Master's degree in Management Information System at the University of Phoenix.

My work experience, includes the following; I currently hold a Real Estate Broker license #01228369 with the California Bureau of Real Estate, and actively in practice. Prior to brokering real estate transaction, from 2008 -2014, I was the Imaging System Administrator for the VA Healthcare System, Long Beach, CA. From 1997 – 2005, Sr. Programmer/Analyst with VISA International, Foster City, CA. From 1992 – 1997, and Manager/Director, Systems Quality Assurance, World Savings and Loan, San Antonio, TX.

I am currently making plans alone to go to Barcelona, Spain. I am hoping that I can linger in Spain for longer than a while. I am hoping to network with current Barcelona resident expats. I am arriving in Barcelona, Spain on February 4, 2017. ***

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Welcome, Joe!

I appreciate the openness you shared with the group and am glad to welcome a compatriot working towards the same goal as my husband and me.

Wishing you the best of luck and looking forward to reading your adventures during your transition.

:)

Michele

Thank you Michelle, hope, we can help each other..😎

Look forward to it!  This is a great group - lots of different perspectives, opinions, experiences from great folks willing to share all they know!

Without sounding too preachy, though . . . I have to add emphatically that no one, anywhere, can tell you what would be best for you 'cept you.

The fun part is the research and social interactions!  Enjoy :)

Of course,  that's given, I am very much appreciative with the responses.