New members of the Portugal forum, introduce yourself here – 2017

Hello,
I don't live near Lisbon but 100km up north. In case you decide to live in Caldas da Rainha, a very beautiful and cosy little town, I can help you settle down, with the language - I am a Portuguese teacher - and any other difficulties you might have. In case you decide to live further I can still help you with the language through Skype or Facebook.
Best  of luck.

Hi!

If you two are still in San Diego (I am) and want to grab a coffee and chat, I'd love to do so :)

please delete this (or just ignore).

Hello everyone,

My name is Alex Kaitiff and I have recently moved to Portugal with work.
   I am working as a financial advisor (incorporating pensions and education planning, currency FX and several investment platforms).
Apart from this, I am also here to find new friends as I work in a very small office of only 7 people.

I hope to speak with some of you soon.

Alex

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : no free ads here please + do not post your personal contact details on the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Gordon, I'm considering moving to Porto but won't be free to do so until not until October  2018. As a fellow creative it would be good to have feedback on how you're getting along. Many thanks, Rose

My wife and I are planning to retire in the Sao Martinho do Porto area this time next year. ( wow I really said that !! )  We just returned from a quick trip where we made our choice of area. We have decided on a long term rental before making a final choice. Will be seeking advice from anyone good enough to offer it. Thanks in advance Fred.  ( Ontario Canada originally from Cheshire UK ) :-)

Hello Mikey,

My name is Luis Costa and I have always lived in Portugal.
I live in a small city about 100km north of Lisbon.
Over the past 14 years I have been working as a teacher and as a tutor. Despite my expertise area is languages I have taught other subjects to Portuguese students and I have also taught Portuguese - language, History and Culture - to foreign adults who live in Portugal or just to know more about the Portuguese way.  Because of my job I have also helped some foreigners to settle near the place I live. If you want some help on how the "system" works here, I can give you some information on that. One thing you'll need for sure is to learn the language, because a lot of people you have to deal with don't know much about the English language.
In case you want some classes we can arrange through Skype while you are still in the US, feel free to send me a private message.
Best of luck for you in this new adventure,
Luís

Hello,
São Martinho, a great choice!
I live 20km away and whenever I have some free time I go for a walk by that beautiful bay.
My name is Luis Costa and I have a degree in Portuguese and English languages.
Over the past 14 years I have been working as a teacher and as a tutor. Despite my expertise area is languages I have taught other subjects to Portuguese students and I have also taught Portuguese - language, History and Culture - to foreign adults who live in Portugal or just to know more about the Portuguese way.
In case you need some help in settling or understanding how the bureaucratic  "system" works or even the language learning process you can count on my assistance, feel free to contact me for a cup of coffee.

Hello All,

Name is Sofia Ferreira, I´m currently living in Lisbon (Paço de Arcos, Oeiras), but I spend a year and a half living in Dublin, Ireland.

I´m currently working in a Recruitment Company.***

If you are interesed in making new friends, let me know ;-)

Reason : no free ads + post all job offers in the jobs section

Hello All, M Deepak living in almograve. Now m looking job agriculture field like fruit farm who can make work contract at least one year. So please help me to find out some good opportunity.

Regards.
Deepak Kumar

Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security + post in the jobs section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello everyone,
I joined this morning and want to introduce ourselves...
We are a German/Italian couple who lived in Cape Town in the past 30 years.
We had enough of corruption and crime and decided to move to Portugal in the near future.
We are at the beginning-stadium of planning and are helpful for any infos!
Our plan is to rent an appartment first and then travel around to find the perfect location for us where we can spend the rest of our life in peace. Learning the language is on our bucket list, so that we can communicate with the locals and find new friends quickly...
We heard about the "golden visa" with attractive tax savings and hope to do the right move....

All of the best for all of you, good luck for all new residents in Portugal
kind regards
Margit and Alex

Reason : please post in the housing section

A Seattle-based coffee, photography, and outdoor nut, I'm looking to move abroad again, potentially to Portugal.  I've worked as a teacher, engineer, and sales manager, and lived in Japan for a few years.  I don't speak Portuguese yet, but will in short order once plans are solid.  Hello, world.

Hello,

We are currently in France but have decided to move to Lisbon. We've always loved Portugal. Any suggestions for what to look for/avoid in Lisbon?

Drema

Hi, I'm in Lisbon 15-20 Jan '18 and would like to meet for coffee if you're available.

Hi Gordon, I left a msg for you a month or so ago but no reply. I'm in Lisbon 15-29 Jan '18 if you're around for coffee?

Hi Gilly, I'm looking to buy and would like to chat with someone about the process in Portugal. I'm in Lisbon 15-29 Jan'18 if you'd care to meet for coffee?

Tks, for greetings....

Im in Sao apulo Brazil. Im looking for job in portugal....is it rough???

I would like to knopw is there any one frm RH department??

Hi Folks:

My partner and I are planning on moving to Portugal this year... hopefully between June and November 2018.  We are both artists in our sixties. I am a photographer and Francesca is a photographer and encaustic artist. We will be visiting, exploring Lisbon, Cintra, Coimbra, Evora and Tavira and the surrounding areas as potential places to live. We will be arriving in Lisbon on March the 8th and will be spending about a week in each of the above locations. We would love to meet anyone who is willing, for coffee and who would be willing to share their experiences in moving to and living in Portugal. While I think we most likely would like to be near Lisbon for the arts, I don't think we can afford rents in Lisbon. We are particularly interested in learning about the art scene and meeting artists living and working in Portugal. Any help, advice, experience would be greatly appreciated and we hope to meet some of you along the way including some of the pitfalls or hurdles people had to face. We are friendly, love food, love to cook, love art, and love to travel. I have two grown boys and one grandson. And we have four cats... who will be coming with us when we relocate. We like a challenge. LOL

Hello Mrose,
In case you pass by Caldas da Rainha, I live nearby, let me know; I will be glad to meet you for a cup of coffe. It is a great place to live and it's just one hour drive away from Lisbon. Renting or buying here is cheaper than the big city. In your case, with a big family and animals, nothing like the countryside. In case you decide to give this peace of heaven a chance, I can help you with the paperwork of renting or buying and I can also teach you the language, as well as the Portuguese way.
You mention about  visiting a lot of places Portugal, - visit them all -  if it is your first time you will be amazed with the landscapes, the fooood, and the people.
Enjoy ;)

Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly. I'm not sure if we will be able to get up your way. But judging by the images I saw online of Caldas da Rainha, we are definitely going to try. It does look heavenly. We will stay in touch and if we can swing it, we will visit. And thank you for your very generous offer. Actually, it's just the two of us unless you count the cats, then that does make us a big family. My two boys are following their lives here in the states but who knows maybe we can get them to come as well someday. It is my first time in Portugal but my partner Francesca spent some time there some 20 years ago and just loved everything about the country and it's people. So I am excited and looking forward to our visit. Thank you again and we will definitely be in touch.

In case you come you just have to say when.
I will be around.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=751408

Thanks!

Closed