Getting a visa for a foreigner to work with me

I'm putting up a business in the Philippines and I need to get a work visa for our foreigner friend. It's just the start of the business when he comes there.  We have to start it with him since he has the expertise of the business. Will it be easy or hard for me to get him a visa? Can I only get him if I set up a corporation or even if sole proprietorship. It's a small business. I'm thinking if I'm qualified. I can set up the Corporation though. My background is accounting and business and I'm serious with the business and I want to get him.

Hi Angel, I've helped a lot of startups here in the Phil...issues like this are usually best brought to the attention of lawyers who can give you sound legal advice for free but also provide the necessary legwork should it need to happen....lemme know if you want that info and i can point you to my go-to legal guys....send me your email and i'll be happy to make an introduction....believe me, i know how daunting some of this stuff can be...

Thank you

Why not process the requirements for him to get here first before you think about setting up the corporation or business (since you said you guys need this person before you can start)?

Thanks. How can I process the requirements? I'm really going to put up a business.

It really depends. But you should get a PH Visa for him to be allowed to go here. Start looking for the PH's Department of Foreign Affairs' website, lots of self-help info there for foreigners.
Cheers

If you're foreign national friend is applying for a work visa, he should have a local employer, in this case it could be you if you decide to push through with the business registration without him. But if he would like to come in as a business investor, he could apply for the Special Investor's Resident Visa (SIRV), but the nature of the business that he will be investing in should be qualified under the Investment Priorities Plan 2014-2016 for his application be viable.

Disclaimer : The information on this comment is provided for general informational purposes and should not be construed as legal advice or legal opinion on specific facts or circumstances. Legal advice is specific to each situation and if you have a legal issue, you should consult an attorney. No actual or implied attorney-client relationship exists or has been created by virtue of this email/proposal/communication.