CENOMAR for non-Philippine national

I think I've got the most complicated case ever. I'm trying to get my newborn son his first British passport but the passport office keeps asking me for my CENOMAR. I was born in the Philippines and moved to the United States when I was 2 Years old. I got my American citizenship at age 10. My mother wanted to keep me a Filipino citizen but by the age of 10 I finally told her I wanted to be American. I met and married my British husband in America. I moved over to
the UK to be with my husband and now we have a baby! The passport office keeps telling me I need to submit a CENOMAR. I think I don't need to because I'm not a Philippine national, I'm an American national. Please, any advice will help as we'd like to go traveling with our son soon and we need his passport.

I think someone is getting confused in this process; a CENOMAR is a "Certificate of No Marriage Record" and is a Philippine Government document only, which you are plainly not going to get because a - you're married, b - you are not a Philippine national and c - you're applying for a UK passport for your UK born son, who is the son of a UK national.

I'd go back to them and ask for an explanation as to why they want it.

It's getting a bit frustrating now. I understand where they got the assumption because on the passport application it asks for the mother's place of birth only. It should also ask for nationality. All applications in the uk ask for place of birth only (at least the ones that I've had to fill out) I'd always have to send in extra documents to elaborate on my case. In this case I sent in my uk residence permit that shows my nationality as American as well as my spouse visa status. Apparently that wasn't good enough. I've just sent in my US citizenship certificate. If that doesn't work I don't know what will.

Apply for a US passport for your son ................................ ?