Applied for Permananet Residency 26b at VFS, time period anyone?

we recently applied for permanent residency at vfs cape town, they said 8-10 months but i read online that it takes way longer than that, anyone applied at vfs can share their experience

Hi,
I applied for my PRP in terms of section 26 (b) in VFS Johannesburg (Rivonia office) on September, 30, 2015. Here is my journey...
I was also advised by VFS that the process will take 8 - 10 months. After 10 months of waiting I contacted VFS. The reply was (and I quote), " The Department of Home Affairs cannot guarantee the outcome or the length of time an application takes to process; neither can it guarantee the return of decision within a certain timeframe. You are requested to wait until a decision on the application is taken since VFS Global does not have any control over the processing time."
So I decided to contact DHA via twitter platform. As per DHA the PRP processing time is 12 months. I waited 12 months. There was no outcome yet. Then I contacted DHA Pretoria, official from the Office of the Minister with long mail explaining all controversial information we are provided regarding PRP. To my surprise I received the response within 20 minutes. My email was forwarded to few officials and the adjudicator. The adjudicator replied in 2 working days that the adjudication was done and my application was with 1st Quality Supervisors. And only a month later I received my application. So total processing time was 13,5 months.
Note when you collect your application you'll get the envelope. It's either your PR ceryificate or rejection letter with the reason of rejection. My envelope contained the certificate. Then ensure that there are no mistakes on the certificate (the name is spelled correctly and the date of birth is correct).
So be patient, wait. But make sure you know your rights. Follow up after curtain times like I did. I have a feeling my application was taken out from Home Affairs "dusty shelves" only after I sent my email. And only then the adjudicator started doing her job.
If you need additional information, don't hesitate to contact me directly. I'll be glad to assist with advice.

THANKS ALOT for the detailed reply, will really help. so it means untill we dont follow up then they dont care about application, but the thing is, when we really start following up with them, they should have the steps or different stages of applications where one can know how far he went.

To receive the detailed information on the process of your application would be every immigrant's dream :-) Unfortunately VFS does not supply you with this information. Upon submitting your documents you received reference number. Go to VFS website, press on Track Application, input the reference and view the status. During my 13 months waiting period the status has changed only twice: 1) the application was sent to DHA for adjudication; 2) the application was received by DHA.
Then during the last week before application arrived back to VFS Johannesburg I received automatic email that my application is at VFS Pretoria and will be sent to Johannesburg in 1 working day. Then in 2 days I received another mail that the application is ready for collection. The next morning I collected it. Basically you will receive notifications only from VFS side when the application is sent and received back. Like courier services :-) Nobody will let you know that it is with adjudicator or when the adjudication was done. The date of issue on my PRP certificate is November, 17, 2016. And it was ready for collection in Joburg on November, 25.

yes u r right, so what u suggest how should i proceed, do i start follow up maybe after 6 months, i submitted on 21 nov 2016, so mayb by may 2017 i start contacting dha about the status, because my trp is expiring in dec 2017, otherwise i have to extend my trp

My TRP expired in August 2016 and PRP was finalized in November 2016. As long as your application is in progress and you don't leave the country, it's fine. DHA are fully aware of their long processing times. You personally have enough time. I suggest to start following up in September 2017. You will have one year only in November 2017. I know it's very stressful. But nothing can be done, just waiting...
Good luck! Hopefully you will get your application back earlier.

I had a similar experience through VFS in Rivonia  and this means you cannot chase. However, after 13 months waiting I managed to get the email address of the Director General at Home Affairs. I sent him an email stating " you have either made a conscious decision not to want foreigners in SA or you are totally incompetent, which is it? "!! My visa was granted the next day !!!!

Oh. Is it possible to take permanent residency visa in south Africa? Can anybody clarify me if I am mistaken . Any expat can apply for PR in south Africa? What are the criteria ? I am a Nepalses citizen working currently  in male. I am doctor by profession.

@abainborough

When posting it helps to actually write something informative regarding the topic.  :dumbom:

Good day has anyone have an e-mail adress for DHA Pretoria or a working telephone number.

I got this reply last week although I am still awaiting an outcome  for my PRP from June 2018 so good luck .

Message from home affairs

provided your Name, Telephone number, VFS Application reference number, a clear description of your query and date of application. This will help my team to respond to your query better. If not, I kindly request you to please provide these details.

Reference numbers that start with PRP:  patheka.vikwa@dha.gov.za & tebogo.ledwaba@dha.gov.za
Reference numbers that start with TRW, PRE, TRE, ZEP & LEP: yogie.travern@dha.gov.za & mala.arulappen@dha.gov.za
Reference numbers that start with PRA & TRA: major.kobese@dha.gov.za
Relative visas, visitors visas (holiday, tourist, spousal, sect.11.2), retirement, study visas (schools) & medical treatment visas: adziliwi.muravha@dha.gov.za, jane.mashamba@dha.gov.za & radzilani.mulima@dha.gov.za

Hi there, you can send follow up for your PR application to the below officials.

Marumo mamofola <Marumo.mamofola@dha.gov.za>,
Sesane Mboweni <Sesane.Mboweni@dha.gov.za>,
Tebogo Ledwaba <Tebogo.Ledwaba@dha.gov.za>

Dr Harihar wrote:

Oh. Is it possible to take permanent residency visa in south Africa? Can anybody clarify me if I am mistaken . Any expat can apply for PR in south Africa? What are the criteria ? I am a Nepalses citizen working currently  in male. I am doctor by profession.

Dear Harihar. Not sure if you received a response to your question. I note it is quite old. To answer your question, to qualify for PR in SA in scenario, you will have 2 possible route you can follow:

1. You can apply for a Critical Skills Work visa. You can apply for this either with or without a job offer in South Africa.

2. You can directly apply for PR based on the Critical Skill you obtain and this application can be submitted in your home country or a foreign country where you hold a long term residence permit.

You welcome to inbox me if you need further support.

Regards
Jacob

I know this is years later and I'm hoping that you will respond. I'm in a similar predicament. I applied for mine in December 2019. Of course with the pandemic its been a tough period and there are backlogs. My unfortunate problem is now I need it to obtain employment from hopefully next year onwards as I was forced to take a gap year due to waiting for my outcome.

Firstly do you have a template of the email you sent? And the email address you used to send your issues with.

I'm hoping it's a positive outcome nonetheless.

Did you finally get a response. I applied December 2019.

Hi. Thanks, did you win

abainborough wrote:

I got this reply last week although I am still awaiting an outcome  for my PRP from June 2018 so good luck .

Message from home affairs

provided your Name, Telephone number, VFS Application reference number, a clear description of your query and date of application. This will help my team to respond to your query better. If not, I kindly request you to please provide these details.

Reference numbers that start with PRP:  patheka.vikwa@dha.gov.za & tebogo.ledwaba@dha.gov.za
Reference numbers that start with TRW, PRE, TRE, ZEP & LEP: yogie.travern@dha.gov.za & mala.arulappen@dha.gov.za
Reference numbers that start with PRA & TRA: major.kobese@dha.gov.za
Relative visas, visitors visas (holiday, tourist, spousal, sect.11.2), retirement, study visas (schools) & medical treatment visas: adziliwi.muravha@dha.gov.za, jane.mashamba@dha.gov.za & radzilani.mulima@dha.gov.za

Thanks.

No I haven't won yet

Hi all.
Im still waiting for my Permanent Residence, since 2012, applied for appeal in 2014, and i dont know what is the outcome of it, till now. Married since 2008, got 2 children.
All my papers are legal. I get all the time people asking for big bribes to give me my PR. Im kind of giving up for all of this 😭😭

Four years and still waiting for the PRP outcome! Can anyone please confirm if they have recently been issued their Permanent Residence Permit?

@Olunloyo your situation is the same as mine, I'm also waiting since 2018

@Liudmila1977 ples can you give that address

@fashyman77 can I kindly have that email

@fashyman77 can I kindly have email address that you used please

Hello everyone,

Please note that contact details should not be posted on the forum for safety reasons.

Kindly use the private messaging system to share such information.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

I apply in 18 may 2018 and until today I don't have any feedback I send 1000000 Emil and 100000 phone call and I have same answer [will come back to in 2 week ]

H

I'm still waiting I apply for my PRP 18 MAY 2018 and no feedback  I send 10000000 email and 10000000 phone call and I always have one answer [will come back to u in 2 week ] please I'm married in 2012 my boys is 10 and 7 I can't get nice job or do anything without I'd  I didn't ask for mor than my PRP

@titodaloul1 I applied since June 2019 no response yet , I can't even work or do anything useful for myself it's so disappointing and frustrating

@White Rose  please share the email of the DG, my application has been at Home Affairs for 7 years

@Liudmila1977

Good day , I have also applied for my PRP at the Rivonia office and it has been more than a year (APPROXIMATELY 16 MONTHS NOW) and my status on the VFS tracking website is still saying the same thing as it has been  for more than a year.  I am on the Twitter (X) platform and I do follow the DHA handle, however, I wanted to ask if its possible for you to provide me with the details of those that work directly under the minister so that I can also do the follow up on my application. You may forward me the details through my email which is ***

Kind regards,

Liberty

Moderated by Bhavna 10 months ago
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Liudmila1977

Good day, I have also applied for my PRP at the Rivonia office and my status is still saying the same. It has been more than 16 months now since I applied. May you please me with the details of those in the minister:s office so that i can contact them and do a follow up.

@White Rose Hi , could you please share his details

Many thanks

@Liudmila1977

hi

hope you are good.

can you please share the email or any contact on which i can contact them as i  have  been for long now.Please Liudmila as its  impacting my kids

thanks

@White Rose

hi

can you please share the email address.I'm facing the same problem

thank you

Hi @Liudmila1977

please help !!!!

please share the email address of the any authorities you have its impacting my kids studies.I'll be very great full.please direct message me.

thank you

Hello everyone, I have a question about the PRP application under section 26(B) - Spouse Married for more than 5 years. After I submit my application and conduct the interview at VFS, do I need to stay in the country until the decision is taken? Or I can keep my passport and leave the country until the decision is back? Also, anyone can share templates or sample of the Declaration of Support from SA spouse and the Notarial Agreement?

Thanks a lot