Dog Sitter needed

Hello pet lovers,

I am moving to Malta in about 5 weeks (early/mid December) with my 4 year old sweet little Susy (long-haired Chihuahua). I used to work from home for the last couple of years so Susy is used to have me around but this will change with the move..every day at the office.

Therefore I am looking for some solution e.g. 2-3 hours each day from Monday to Friday. Susy loves to play and run (with other small dogs) , is friendly to everyone, no yapping at others, very cuddly and easy to get along with :-)
I do not have a flat yet but since my office is in Gzira it will be in the surroundings.

Please let me know if you know of anyone or have suggestions.

Thank you,
Christine

You might just want someone to walk her twice a day initially, if you can't do it in the morning before work. They adjust quickly to new rhythms but will be stressed in the beginning, so if she is properly walked it will help.

We are moving late December but your dog will be fine in a week or two, once she realises you are coming home.

Thanks Dorieus, I will definitely walk her before I go to work but then its still another 9 hours until i get home (the earliest). I don't want her to get a bladder infection because she has to hold it for such a long time. Heard this already numerous times from other owners.

I have someone who comes around when we travel. Think it's €12 a day for 2 visits. Private msg me if you need dets - I imagine this will get pricey if done every day.

Volcane sounds like he has an option for you, you can train her to go somewhere though.

Our dogs drink a LOT in Brazil, and I think the summer in Malta is a similar climate - they wee every couple of hours, so I would be a bit worried about leaving them without a place to leave - you couldn't even have a beer after work without them really needing to hold it. It's definitely something I'm picking my accommodation by when I get there in Dec.

If anyone has any opinions or experience on that, I would like to hear it also.

I have owned two dogs in a similar climate (Greece) and never had a problem with two walks daily. They were larger breeds though (Chow Chow and German shepherd) so I am not sure if smaller dogs require additional walks.

Delfinita78 wrote:

Hello pet lovers,

I am moving to Malta in about 5 weeks (early/mid December) with my 4 year old sweet little Susy (long-haired Chihuahua). I used to work from home for the last couple of years so Susy is used to have me around but this will change with the move..every day at the office.

Therefore I am looking for some solution e.g. 2-3 hours each day from Monday to Friday. Susy loves to play and run (with other small dogs) , is friendly to everyone, no yapping at others, very cuddly and easy to get along with :-)
I do not have a flat yet but since my office is in Gzira it will be in the surroundings.

Please let me know if you know of anyone or have suggestions.

Thank you,
Christine

Hi Christine,

You may want to use Tricia's dog day care :) She is in Msida which is not so far from Gzira! I actually haven't used her services yet but we talked a bit and she sounds like a good person. I found her on Facebook and she has all 5 stars reviews! If you're interested you can search for her page using Tricia's Doggy Daycare & Boarding, Msida

Thanks , i'll check her out :) I just don't need a 'certified' whatever (which they add to their rate), just someone who appreciate dogs, knows how to handle them and enjoys their company. ;-)