Are you happy in Fiji?

Hello everyone!

According to the 2016 UN World Happiness Survey, Denmark, Switzerland and Iceland are the happiest countries on earth.

How about you? Are you happy in Fiji? Do you feel happier today in your host country than before in your home country? What has contributed to the change?

In your opinion, are locals in Fiji happy? How can you tell?

Please share your experience!

I am from Denmark and i don't believe in the UN Survey. Due to the fact that we are not more happy than other people  in the world but we are secured if anything should happen to us.  We are proud to have a good healthcare system, education etc. (We pay a lot of tax and have done that for than 50 years)
But Half of the year it's cold and we spent a lot energy to keep warm. Which make us forget the smile. The other half we are so happy because the sun is shining and daylight til 22.00 hours.
I am going to Fiji in 2018 to work for free in a period and stay happy with the lovely smiling people and do some difference to the people who need my skills.

Look so much forward to it.

Hi,

Well, I think people in Fiji are one of the happiest people in the world! I do not know that how the UN linked happiness to the services, but I think happiness is reflected by contentment, inner peace and sharing - which you find all across Fiji and other Pacific Island nations.

Kind regards,
Harris

Yes i am very happy in Fiji , Because Fiji has a very tight-knit society that is mostly village based. Even the cities feel small and aunts, uncles and cousins are likely to live in the same neighborhood.