Moving to fiji

Hi, My partner and myself along with our 12 week old daughter are moving to nadi/fiji in two weeks. My patner will be working so im keen to find out about things that i will be able to do with my daughter to get us out of the house and meeting new people...

Hello Baileycarter!

Welcome to Expat.com ;)

Armand

Dear all,

I will be moving to Suva for two years for work purpose next week together with my 3, 5 years old daughter. I am urgently looking for a modest but simple apartment - standalone house or attached to other apartments with either a garden or a balcony and 2 bedrooms. Preferable it should be located in the neighbourhood of the ISS, Siga Road, Laucala Beach. I am able to pay F$ 1000, - - F$ 1200, - monthly.

Any advice on how to proceed with my search - contact details, names preferable - are very welcome and will be highly valued. My personal e-mail address is: [email protected].

Friendly regards,

Lioba

Hi Lioba,

You are a bit off topic here. I would suggest you to post an advert in the Fiji classifieds > accommodation section. It might help you.

Thank you.

Hi Christine,

Thank you for this suggestion. I will act accordingly.

Regards,

Lioba

Hello, My husband, son and I would like to move to Fiji, and I am wondering how to find a job! I am a Certified Medical Assistant from the US, would I be able to find a job? Also how would I go about applying for one? Where would be the best area to move?

Hello everyone,

I am a recent graduate from the University of St Andrews in Scotland (I received an M.A. in Economics and International Relations a week ago). I am planning on moving to Fiji for a year this July and I am now trying to find internship, job or volunteering positions, preferrably with the UN or international NGOs. I am also very interested in potential German or Chinese language teaching opportunities, for instance at the international highschool or the three universities located in Fiji. I know it is quite difficult to gain a work permit in Fiji, however I still want to try my best to attain one. Any help and advice on finding a graduate job or internship or on how best to obtain a work permit for Fiji would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot,
Siwan

Hi Siwan,

You should post an advert in the Fiji Jobs section. It might help you to find a job.

Best of luck,
Christine

(moderated: off topic + pls start a new thread. Thx)