In retrospect, would you move again to Fiji?

Hi all,

If you had to look back on your expat experience in Fiji, would you heartily say "let's do it again"?

From the preparation stage to your actual everyday life in your new country, what did you enjoy the most?

Would you do certain things differently? Could you tell us why?

How would you describe the benefits of your expatriation in Fiji so far?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience. We look forward to hearing from you!

Christine

I'm looking at a way to return to Fiji. Last time family circumstance led me to leave in much of a hurry and I want to go back because it was soooo wonderful living on Fiji. I was there from July 2014 till November 2015. The cyclone that tore apart my life has now subsided and I see it's time to return to Suva.

The best: the people. Don't go to Suva for the weather ;-).
The worst: eating out. No affordable decent restaurant scene.

Bula, I laughed at your 'BEST' where you mentioned don't go to Suva for the weather... how true!  When I first moved to Suva, I would keep putting outings off for another time because of the weather.  Then I learnt that you just have to do what you've planned, at the time you've planned, because of the unpredictable weather and rain.  So I would suggest to any future-expats, make sure you bring a good quality rain jacket.  I ended up getting one shipped in online shopping.  :)