New Music Centre opens in Riyadh

I recently got some info of a new Music Centre at Taala Compound :top:,they offer the following lessons:

Piano, Guitar, Violin, Viola, Cello, Singing and Recorder.

I have tried to past the flyer into this but it won't let me, so please call them on cell: 0504125987 or 01 225 6729 they are taking enquiries now and open the Centre on the 22 Jan. I hope you find this useful. I will try and link the flyer onto this site (but don't hold your breath on that)

I will register with them this week and check out the Centre.  It will be very useful to share our feedback with others on this site and elsewhere as lots of people are seeking music tutors in Riyadh.

hey thanx for sharing,its a gr8 news, i do wana join it, dont they have any website yet for further info?

No, not yet but if you call them, they are very helpful and they are encouraging people to register with them so they can gauge the numbers and make final preparations for the Centre opening on the 22nd.  Best thing to do right now is just register and ask away.

I love music.  Listening to it is about all I can do. I invented the words "tone deaf".  Best for me to let others make the music, there is always a need for an audience.

Only a critical audience can truly enjoy art. :)

gowiththeflowUK: hey did u check out the centre?plz share how did u find it?i called them n i may go there on sat to register myself,

Hi,

Quite new in Riyadh, and I was wondering if there is any band to join, I am playing Saxophones and will be glad to practice other there.

You should hunt out Mailman on here, he plays the guitar and we were only speaking of organising a 'jamming' session sometime soon!

Where are you living in Riyadh?  Are you on a Compound?  If yes, will be easier to arrange something.  If not, what area are you living in?

NicolasGOD wrote:

Hi,

Quite new in Riyadh, and I was wondering if there is any band to join, I am playing Saxophones and will be glad to practice other there.

Why don't you start a new post for "Looking for a band to join" or something as that may attract more direct interest.  If you check out the Music Centre (it is free to register, I believe?) you can check out with them of any playing musicians.  There are also a few Music Shops in Riyadh, check them out and see or put out the word that you are seeking other musicians to play music with.  When you get your band, let us all know so we can maybe have a mini gig somewhere? :)

GWTF! This is the best thread/news I've read in a while. Thanks for the info :thanks:

MadMaz wrote:

GWTF! This is the best thread/news I've read in a while. Thanks for the info :thanks:

Hey MadMaz thanx and your welcome :top::D

I just want to post some more info about this. I gave the number to a friend of mine who wanted to practice guitar, he called and they told him he'd have to pay SAR 1500 for three months. Very reasonable I believe. However, they told him he'd get 1 lesson per week, half an hour each. Seems like they're expecting really really slow learners. :rolleyes:

Still a good step forward though... :)

Also, I get the impression their focus was to attract 'younger' students but that the reality is they are getting a lot of enquiries from adults as well.

I would have thought if they get a lot of enquiries from adults they will have to make a plan to better accommodate adult lessons and not just for children.

I am going down there during the week so will see what their intentions are in the short, medium and long term.  Will report back.

NicolasGOD wrote:

Hi,

Nicolas, I am interested with Sax, I have been looking for one here in Riyadh, anyways any tips? If i become good, let's jam sometime...cheers.

I Have called them, I guess they know what they are doing I will register with them this semester there registration starts on 10 Sep I encourage you to do the same

I can teach Jazz drums if anyone is interested, if it can be arranged at the music center. Not sure where the Taala Compound is located. Map will be helpful

musicman wrote:

I can teach Jazz drums if anyone is interested, if it can be arranged at the music center. Not sure where the Taala Compound is located. Map will be helpful

its right opposite the the Granada Mall, facing the Paris Gallery gate

ty, thats just round the corner from where I live on Exit 7

Guitarist looking for musicians in Riyadh to form band. Contact:
[email protected]

A Filipino bass guitarist known to me is also available to play with anyone wanting to form a band in Riyadh

Would like to start up a jazz trio, piano, double bass (electric will also do but we need to get amps n stuff), drums in Riyadh if anyone is interested. I have the piano and electronic drum kit at home. Will need a piano and bass player with double bass/electric bass guitar. Can practise at my place in Exit 7. Any other instruments will be welcome if available. Willing to play all types of music with the emphasis on jazz of course. Please PM me.

musicman wrote:

Would like to start up a jazz trio, piano, double bass (electric will also do but we need to get amps n stuff), drums in Riyadh if anyone is interested. I have the piano and electronic drum kit at home. Will need a piano and bass player with double bass/electric bass guitar. Can practise at my place in Exit 7. Any other instruments will be welcome if available. Willing to play all types of music with the emphasis on jazz of course. Please PM me.

musicman, got tired of waiting for a venue huh and offered your place for jamming...lol. Keep me in the loop maybe I can drop by sometime if this push through..cheers

Dynamo,

have sent out a few PM's to several musicians on expat-blog to try and come together and jam at my place one of these weekends.

we need a keyboard player, see if you can find one please

have sent you a PM with contact details

musicman wrote:

Dynamo,

have sent out a few PM's to several musicians on expat-blog to try and come together and jam at my place one of these weekends.

we need a keyboard player, see if you can find one please

have sent you a PM with contact details

gotcha... sent you a reply as well...I don't know anybody playing keyboards.

Hi

I'm new here  in riyadh so do they accept adults for lessons?!
And do they accept anyone lives outside the compound .

Thank you

hey,
just checking is there any update of the rehearsal space in riyadh? I'm keen to relax and play some piano and drums, and my friend plays the violin.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Thanks
D

Hello ... i am Director and i am playing ( Egyptian Tabla )
and i can shoot out band and make it become Video Clip

....                    Monim Zidan
                         Olaya .Riyadh

I checked with them but they don't offer SAX lessons at this time.

It would be nice to kick off a small jazz trio with piano, bass & drums, for starters. All we need is a place to jam.

Hi, do you know if the music center is still open? i've been trying to reach them but there is no reply. Thanks.

Hi can any body give me the number of this music centre thanks

Can you give me their telephone number pls :)

Hi,
Do you know anyone in Riyadh who teaches saxophone?

Thanks

Mo

One possible option that we may ave is to try and bring together all those who can play a musical instrument and even those who want to learn with a view to see how we may be able to contribute our talents and jam on weekends or holidays at some suitable location

mahiz wrote:

Can you give me their telephone number pls :)

what do u want to learn ?

Hi All

Thought it was about time I registered with this site to source out musicians here in Riyadh.  I'm a saxophonist looking to start/join a ska band, jazz band anything really just want to get playing!! Anyone interested or looking for a sax player? I have both Alto and soprano sax, I also play clarinet... I also teach sax, clarinet and some flute...

Am an electrical guitar looking for playing music with anyone honestly ! .. i play mainly blues and rock n roll .. but i would love to get into jazz i have always wanted to learn some jazz !

I teach jazz drumming in Riyadh and have a few students who are interested in playing with other musicians for fun. I can put you on to them if you would like to jam.

Hi, do you give private drum lessons? absolute beginner looking to learn!

yes, i do give private drum lessons, usually at the homes of the student
it is important to have an acoustic drum kit at home to be able to practice for at least an hour each day to maintain consistency. once the student has grasped the basic drum tempo's and timings then you will be able to play to any music at any time anywhere

please call me on 055 187 5023 or
email on [email protected]