Absolutely Anything Else

That is a shame, I totally do not exactly like the US store "Walmart" BUT and a huge BUT, they are super and I mean super easy with returns and refunds., can take almost anything back within 90 days of use!
Unreal, some people get car batteries or even a lawn mower, use it for a few months and then return the item. Not many people in the US do this just because I suppose they can afford not to be so "low life" but the option is there.
My ex DIL from Budapest  moved to the US when she married my son. She bought a few outfits she wasn't so happy with after bringing them home,she made up a huge complicated excuse for each item, spent days and hours thinking what she could do or say to get her money back.
She went into each store and was blown away because they actually said they were sorry she wasn't happy and gave back a full refund, sometimes they even added a tiny little gift with the refund.
I miss that about the US, go shopping and come home with a ton and a half of samples of nice items.
Oh well, can't have it all...Americans are so trusting.

fidobsa wrote:

.... I was fully expecting to be offered either a refund or a replacement chainsaw but neither of those was an option they would consider. They wanted me to take the thing to another place in the town that does repairs. I was not willing to do that and eventually they agreed to send it to the service company themselves. I was without the chainsaw for 2 or 3 weeks of the coldest part of winter. Fortunately I still had a petrol chainsaw I could use to cut firewood.

Unfortunately the golden law we had in the UK - Sale of Goods Act - has been utterly watered down to normalise it to European Consumer Protection.  Retrograde step. Now it's European style arguing unless it's someone like M&S or Aldi.  I hope with Brexit they bring back the UK's Sale of Goods Act!

fluffy2560 wrote:

has been utterly watered down to normalise it to European Consumer Protection.  Retrograde step.

When I moved to the EU, I heard all the PR about how "great" the EU consumer protection was. Was I in for a shock. Seems to me it was more propaganda then PR. It is lousy at the local level. The consumer EU watchdog only seems to care about chasing big fish like MS, Google, Apple, Facebook, etc. Or "distance selling". Meanwhile little to zero help if you get sold a defective chain saw from a local vendor. My brain could not get around that for a long time. I guess I was of those too trusting Americans. Really took some hard hits before I finally got "street wise".

I got this on my work's news services.

Shades of The Donald and a kind of repetition of 1990 and the fall of the Iron Curtain!

Hungary: Prime Minister requests large increase in border security funding from EU

On 31 August 2017 the Prime Minister of Hungary requested that the EU fund at least half of proposed, in country, border security upgrades.

The request comes amid tensions associated with an upcoming legal decision regarding a Hungarian refusal to house refugees as mandated by an EU migrant quota program.

An EU decision to pay for half of the proposed border security upgrades could ease some of these tensions, despite the ongoing court case.

I have been through boarder security twice at the HU boarder during the old days. No one is getting through if they don't want them in, anyone here must of been invited because they know how to stop all entry if they want to.
It was scary crossing into HU in 1978, in 86 I was ready for it so no reason to be afraid, first time, wow it was something. We were young and traveling with our baby boy of 2 years old from Ca. For most of the train ride from Vienna to Budapest we were the only 3 passengers in our car, might of been the only ones on the train even. Us 3 and 2 men with machine guns keeping their eyes on us the whole ride... The stuff of movies!

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

I have been through boarder security twice at the HU boarder during the old days. No one is getting through if they don't want them in, anyone here must of been invited because they know how to stop all entry if they want to........ Us 3 and 2 men with machine guns keeping their eyes on us the whole ride... The stuff of movies!

I'm chanelling both The Donald and Orban here:

"I will build a great wall -- and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me --and I'll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make THE REFUGEES* pay for that wall. Mark my words."

*insert your favourite current evil enemies

Zam, Kabang Batman!
Evil villains all around us.
I am sorry I do not trust any gov. on earth, never have and never will.
Lucky I suppose to have been born in the USA but then again, that is the main hub for media brainwashing and paranoid behavior.
Yesterday though we had what might be one of the last nice days at Balaton, love, love, love it there.
I feel like a million bucks when I am swimming in the waters.
Nothing much is better then that to me.
We take what we can.

The worst border crossing I ever did was from Romania into Bulgaria. That was like something from a spy film. It was when I was considering buying a house in Bulgaria but the nearest airport to Ruse, the area I was visiting, was Bucarest. The estate agent had organised a taxi to take me over the border and they would meet me on the Bulgaria side. There seemed to be quite a big piece of no-mans-land between the 2 checkpoints with roads that looked like they had been bombed!

The estate agents were driving a big black BMW with heavily tinted windows and both wore sunglasses, although it was December!
They spoke quite good English unless I asked them a question they didn't want to answer!

I heard that at one time, trains could be held up for hours at that border. The cops would go through the train collecting all the ID cards and passports, take them away to a police station half an hours drive away, bring them back and hand them out to the passengers!

Yes we were very slow going on that first train ride into Budapest in 1978.
My husband and I had different last names then,our son had my surname at the time although he is our child together. I didn't want to get legally married for ages... Silly me, was a different person back in the day, now I love being married.
Anyways, because my husband had a US refugee re-entry permit attached to his  passport at the time( he also never took advantage of having a American wife to gain his US citizenship, he did it all on his own merits without using me to get ahead of the line, so to speak)
because of his strange papers and because it was clear to the boarder patrol that he was a former "escapee" they gave him a hard time, really made us mad but we had to stay cool.
They went through all his luggage, he carried a boom box radio/tape player along and they made a huge deal out of that. Took down the serial numbers on it and said if it showed up on the black market they would find him! Know what, in our storage unit in Las Vegas that dang old boom box is still being stored! ( Next Vegas trip is going to be a clear out )
Yes, they sort of grilled him and were rude to him, they basically left me alone and didn't even look in my luggage or in my babies luggage, only my husbands.
The "power" of a US passport? Probably not just the way the dice rolled, they were too busy staring at me to bother looking at my luggage too. Not that we brought in anything illegal or radical.I didn't even dare bring in a book in English to read, thinking they might think it was subversive material!
They probably were thinking, "What is wrong with you, people want to leave here not enter"!

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

They probably were thinking, "What is wrong with you, people want to leave here not enter"!

The whole thing seems so totally crazy now. I had cause to travel to Berlin by road once via East Germany via their intimidating border.  Just crazy. You have to wonder how deluded those (communist) people were.   Stupid system, stupid and dangerous ideas.  Seems almost like an alternate reality back then.

Does sound scary having a "Men in Black" incident driving through former bombed out lands...
In 1986 on our second trip for a family visit to communist Hungary, we leased a new car in France and drove to HU.
Somewhere in the boonies of Hungary in the middle of the night we had to pull over for over 3 hours and wait while a caravan of military trucks and equipment used both lanes of the road.
That was something to see, in the cover of the night and all.
That visit over my SIL was on her second marriage. Her husband was a policeman, he had to get a special request and permission to meet with us for a family dinner at my MIL house! Guess we were considered people with "dangerous minds" back then.
Funny how fast things can change,wasn't all that long ago really.
On our trip in 1978 we actually spotted men wearing long overcoats following us around on our trips into the city. We stayed in Erd most of the time but when we went out a few times at night without our son we spotted people following us, peeking into windows to watch us etc.
We sat in a bar and ordered some cocktails a man in a overcoat came in and told the barman to have us hand over our passports to this agent or whoever he was. The barman asked no questions from him and went to us right away to collect our papers. After a few moments of looking them over he had them returned to us very creepy stuff.
I also had purple /red hair all permed out in the late 70's, very Sasson looking, everyone was gaga over my crazy hair back then, couldn't go anywhere without people saying stuff or calling out to me, probably a good thing I had no clue what they were saying.

I have a German friend in Vegas who is from Munich.
She is 52 years old now.
When she was a child in Germany her family used to meet up at lake Balaton every summer.
Some of her family was stuck in east Germany and they could only meet up in Hungary.
Interesting how one meets people in life who have similar experiences.
This same friend was teaching yoga at a Veterans center in Vegas, a really nice new building we all went over from our gym to support her at this new place, fill up her classes with people to get her started with a new following.
The older man who worked the desk at that Vet center told me had had lived for a few years in Budapest in the 1960's as a CIA agent!!
Told me stories about him checking  into hotels rooms in Hungary and not being allowed to leave the room. Nice enough old man, who knows what he was up to in his youth however.
Not sure what to say if anything about the old days.
I know my in-laws lost everything and worked their butts off to rebuild Hungary from nothing , little thanks did they get for their efforts.
I am slightly confused about my own grandfather from old stories he was the son of Rusyn immigrants and was born in the US. Barely spoke English though grew up in a Rus town in Penn.
He went back to SK,PL,Russia just before WW1 and took part in the Russian revolution.
Like that old movie"Reds"? Married my grandmother over there, had my aunt and dad then returned alone to the US, sent for them later.
My dad said his father was scary and politically they didn't get on. He said his dad was a old commie and not to tell anyone that we even had roots from over there! Of course this was in the 50's and 60's. My dad worked for factories that made weapons for the US, guess he didn't want to lose his job because of his dad.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

On our trip in 1978 we actually spotted men wearing long overcoats following us around on our trips into the city. We stayed in Erd most of the time but when we went out a few times at night without our son we spotted people following us, peeking into windows to watch us etc.

It's almost a tragic comedy, except under those people, thousands died for a failed ideology. Sounds more than recently familiar.  In my travels I've been followed about in funny countries by odd looking people.  I'm pretty sure my hotel rooms and luggage were inspected too.  The trouble is I'm just so totally boring as far as espionage is concerned so an utter waste of their time.  But made it a bit of fun in a dangerous kind of way.

When I was in the military during the late 1980s we had to report any contact with Eastern Europeans and I was forbidden from travelling to those areas totally. Just a few years later I ended up shacked up with the former enemy!  Bonkers!

Life is strange.
My step-dad had a royal fit once and wouldn't allow my husband into the house only because he came from a "commie country".
Think he was well in his cups that day though! He had been a 2 time POW once in WW11 and then in Korea, let's just say he had his issues.
I try to stay away from politics, I am just a simple housewife these days and besides that, I was never a soldier or had to live through any horrible wars, feel like I have no right to say anything since I never suffered for it.Take that back, maybe living with a dad and step-dad with PTSD makes me sort of a ex-vet!
It is strange though to be married to the enemy!Makes you realize it is all BS in the end, doesn't matter much, everyone just likes a peaceful life with no hassles.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

...Take that back, maybe living with a dad and step-dad with PTSD makes me sort of a ex-vet! It is strange though to be married to the enemy!Makes you realize it is all BS in the end, doesn't matter much, everyone just likes a peaceful life with no hassles.

Yes, indeed, collateral damage.  They used to shoot soldiers for cowardice even though they were really shell shocked.  But they didn't shoot civilians do they?  A certain Hungarian PM should think about those with PTSD down at the fence.

And yes, it's utter BS....

Yes, my grandmothers second husband had been taken prisoner by the Japs in WW2 and he hated and detested anything Japanese. At that time you could buy just about anything made in Britain so it was not difficult for them to avoid having Japanese TVs, radios etc.

I don't know what the older generation of my family would have thought about me moving to Hungary. I still had an aunt and uncle when I first moved in 2011 but they would have been too polite to say much. Sadly they have both died since that time and the only family I have left are my brother and 2 cousins.

Gov. always make people seem so evil. My son has married a lady from Japan. She is so loyal to him and never tries to "outshine" him at all.
My step-dad had major and I mean major issues with all Asian people after he two time "gig" in POW camps. lost all his teeth at age 26 in Korea, got their special"dental plan"!!
He later in life worked with a Japanese lady who became his friend. He came home one day from work and just cried his eyes out, he forgave everyone for all he and his mates had gone through. I was happy to see him finally find some peace.( He was always non coherent and crying if not kept busy)
My dad was a medic in WW11 in the S. Pacific, he on the other hand loved Asian women, I have a half bro from his brief marriage to a Japanese lady he met while stationed in Japan after the war.
He carried her photo with his son in his wallet for years after he was married to my mom.
He never wanted to leave his first wife and son but the US Army forced him to come home. Those marriages were not accepted by the military back then. Sad stuff.At least I know why our boy is crazy about Asian women, he takes after his grandfather.

Not sure what my parents would think of me moving to Hungary either.
Probably would think I lost it since in their minds from their generation everyone wanted to be in the US.
They would think I was going backwards , these days though the US isn't exactly the greatest place to live either so what can we say?
My dad was born in a small Polish village with dirt floors, went back to visit there 3 years back and I swear all my relations had nice homes, one even has his own nice B&B  at the lake, drives a Range Rover and does a "gay tour" package, Yes was surprised I have a gay cousin who is open with it and lives with his Spanish lover. They even come into Budapest to pick up clients and drive them to their lakeside resort with their mini-bus.
Don't think that would of flown very high in the 20's when my dad lived there.
Times change and attitudes do too.

Speaking of off topic and FB etc., Our Hungarian friend lives in Honolulu, HI. He posted a photo from his local grocery store yesterday on FB , showing the price for a pound of bell peppers.
Couldn't believe our eyes, going for $12.99 per pound, not kilo.
Wow, things sure have gotten more expensive over these past few years since we have been away from the US.
He only took a photo with one pepper, decided it was too rich for him and didn't purchase any peppers.
We are lucky here in Hungary with all the nice fresh produce, even if some items aren't available all year long, there are plenty of other seasonal products to chose from.
I am almost afraid to go home seeing those prices... Wow everyone must collect EBT , even  CFO's and CPA's!!

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Our Hungarian friend lives in Honolulu, HI. He posted a photo from his local grocery store yesterday on FB , showing the price for a pound of bell peppers.
Couldn't believe our eyes, going for $12.99 per pound, not kilo.

I believe in slow food. Buy what is local. Peppers in Hungary. Sea food in Hawaii. ;)

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

...He only took a photo with one pepper, decided it was too rich for him and didn't purchase any peppers.
We are lucky here in Hungary with all the nice fresh produce...

No possibility of growing his own?

We grew some chilis this year - they were pretty nice.  I've never had any success with potatoes here.

BTW, Mrs Fluffy's friend owned a load of greenhouses growing peppers and had to stop - wasn't profitable in Hungary.  She now rents out the greenhouses to individuals to grow their own but doesn't grow anything herself.

I also saw in Tesco that grapes are imported from India (seems like I've got deja-vu - I am sure I said that before).

So,  the story about the lawnmower is that the Mole wants to borrow the Rabbit's lawnmower but gets himself tied up in knots thinking how the Rabbit won't lend the lawnmower and things that have happened before.   Rabbit knows nothing about the mental anguish of the Mole, nor that he wants the lawnmower.

So the Mole rings the doorbell and tells the Rabbit:

"You know what Rabbit, keep your Lawnmower"

Apparently this is Hungarian - I think it's about fearing the worst and over emphasising the negatives in the national psyche.

I believe this is what you are looking for:

http://gabor.chikan.hu/cikk.php?id=18

Yes, over the years I really do hate to say it but most not all Hungarians we know have a very dark view on things, Sometimes I think it rubs off on me as well.
My husband is one of the funniest people I know, in Hungarian he is a real clown and has everyone laughing, in English he sometimes doesn't always hit the mark but when he does, it is super smart and funny.
We have known at least 4 old HU male friends who drank themselves to death at a young age, really a sad view on life. One just neglected his health and died alone in his flat in the 6th district, they found the phone in his dead hands... sad.
I see many people here who seem to be locals who also seem to not understand the ex-pat experience. They only have rude comments to say to us "immigrants".
Busy day outside our flat, they are filming that movie that was being scouted out a few weeks ago. I am guessing it is a "Herbie" type movie, There is a red VW bug all done up with eyelashes on the lights and souped up extra's on it, allot of noise and messing around with at least 60 or more people setting the props up.
Entertainment for the hospice people , they are all hanging in their bedclothes looking out the windows.
Well better tend my husband , he just had 2 teeth pulled out this morning, ouch!

Rawlee wrote:

I believe this is what you are looking for:

http://gabor.chikan.hu/cikk.php?id=18

Yep, that's the one except I was more polite and tried to keep it shorter.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

...Entertainment for the hospice people , they are all hanging in their bedclothes looking out the windows.

Well better tend my husband , he just had 2 teeth pulled out this morning, ouch!

I drove past a hospice the other day (just down towards Deli from Szent Janos Korhaz) and there were a bunch of people in whitecoats (presumably docs/medical professionals).   And they were all smoking!   You'd think they'd know better.

Will Hubby have implants?  I have some, they are excellent and relatively cheap in Hungary (my SIL had some in the UK and paid a fortune - at least 3 x HU price - for them).

I note also more traffic on this site today and I can only assume it's the rainy weather.  Looks like summer is over.

fluffy2560 wrote:

No possibility of growing his own?

I lived for years in Northern California, where that phrase had an entirely different connotation.......  :cool:

fluffy2560 wrote:

So,  the story about the lawnmower

I had not heard that one. And odd because it seems everyone wants to borrow my tools and has no tendency to hold back on requests.

Personally, I don't lend out my tools anymore. They always come back broken. Moles are too nearsighted to know how to use them properly*.

* Before anyone gets on my case, I like moles. Saw several mole soil humps in the ground last week and was happy to see them hard at work aerating my soil. I just don't let them borrow my tools to do any digging.

fluffy2560 wrote:

tried to keep it shorter.

Excellent. Much appreciated. But it may be an Anglo-Saxon thing, I think.  ;)

Hubby is only going to get some new dentures, he is done with dentists and pain, decided to just pull out his trouble making teeth, they were old bridges that needed to be gone yesterday.
he could of gotten implants for the price of all the tipping he is doing.
Said he is done being "pretty" poor thing, turning 70 in a few weeks, to me he still seems in his 20's.That's the nice thing about getting old together, the eyes go first!!Then the brain. ha, ha!

He had 5 teeth removed for 5,000 each tooth as a tip with the NH. He tipped the dentist a 20,000 just for taking him as a client.
He went into the emergency last week for one tooth and this female dentist decided to take him on instead of sending him to our district dentist who we dislike allot.
He was ready to see the oral surgeon our neighbor is using, she had 5 teeth removed last week too. Would of cost over $1,000 or more with her private dentist so he thinks it is well worth the tipping, not done yet either.
There goes my new winter coat... just kidding. Hope to be gone this winter to a warmer climate, or not, really not into flying anywhere these days.

As far as growing peppers in a garden in Honolulu, our friend lives in a high rise. Only a window box will do.
Yes, sadly summer was too short. I always asume summer will be 8 months long like I was used to in the SW, all year long in Hawaii.By the time I am into hot weather, it's over.
No biggie, the Big Island was overcast everyday with rain, lived in Hilo where it rains every single day of the year.
just watching the film crew off and on, they are about to hang the Herbie car sideways from a crane just in front of our window, getting the camera ready to take a photo, hope they don't swing the car too much and break our windows!! Good day to stay indoors listening to classic Stones and drinking bubbly while my poor husband comes down from his shots.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

He had 5 teeth removed for 5,000 each tooth as a tip with the NH. He tipped the dentist a 20,000 just for taking him as a client.

FWIIW, my wife just had to have a root canal. Private dentist. Third trip this week. Final trip next week. No tipping required. And total cost less than these tippings alone.

klsallee wrote:

Personally, I don't lend out my tools anymore. They always come back broken. Moles are too nearsighted to know how to use them properly*.

* Before anyone gets on my case, I like moles. Saw several mole soil humps in the ground last week and was happy to see them hard at work aerating my soil. I just don't let them borrow my tools to do any digging.

I agree.  Don't lend tools to anyone because you may not actually get them back.  Same with books - never see them again. 

Mrs Fluffy and I had a neighbour called Wolfgang.  He was always trying to borrow my stuff so now, if something goes missing or someone else has it and we cannot find it, then it's "Wolfgang again".

Strange thing about moles and a (useless?) factoid for today:  there are no moles in Ireland.

fluffy2560 wrote:

I agree.  Don't lend tools to anyone because you may not actually get them back.  Same with books - never see them again. 

Mrs Fluffy and I had a neighbour called Wolfgang.  He was always trying to borrow my stuff so now, if something goes missing or someone else has it and we cannot find it, then it's "Wolfgang again".

This was a topic at another forum I belong to. This was a great response. Sorry, this is long, so not very Anglo-Saxon at all :

I knew a guy who had a neighbor that wanted to borrow something all the time -- ladders, tools, a cup of sugar, two eggs, a circular saw, a hammer ... it was always something. He got tired of having to think of some excuse to avoid lending out his own stuff. He told me that he once was asked by the annoying neighbor to lend his new riding lawnmower. When he told the guy he wouldn't lend it, the neighbor asked, "Why? Is it in the shop?"

"No it isn't in the shop."
"Is someone else using it?"
"No, no one else is using it."
"Is something wrong with it?"
"No, it's working just fine."
"Well ... then ... why can I not borrow it for a couple of hours?"
"Because my wife is making chicken soup."
"I don't understand. What does your wife making chicken soup have to do with me not being able to borrow your lawnmower?"
"Nothing. But you're NOT borrowing my lawnmower and one excuse is just as good as any other."

The guy never asked to borrow anything ever again.

No moles in Ireland and no snakes in Hawaii, reason being they import mongoose. I know my beautiful Doberman used to run in the open fields near our home in Hilo, often his face was torn up because he had cornered a wild mongoose.Dang those things can bite and tear...
I know I am talking myself blue in the face about all the tipping my husband does. He always says , "well in the US"... I give up telling him we are not in the US anymore. He is afraid he may be in serious need one day and be given the old run around. As happened to me with my shoulder at the surgery clinic near our apt. Didn't tip once and got blacklisted, was given a 2 month run around before finally sent to a doc that could do something for me in another clinic. Some doctors here are great and others seem to be only in it for the money. Hard to know who is who so best to play it safe.  As one ages the old body can't take being under the care of idiots , one or two bad infections or illnesses that go untreated and you might be pushing up daisy's.
We used to use the large pharmacy at the corner of Blaha Luza, the tech working there , a older women too, gave my husband the wrong medication and overcharged for a generic brand,  ( he was suppose to get a top shelf brand by his doctors orders)she had a bar code on a piece of paper she was using over and over again, Often as we have since found out, many so called pro's abuse older people by doing this sort of trick, using a torn off old bar code , collecting and giving a lesser product in return. My husband went back and demanded the proper medication but he dropped the ball and didn't report this clerk. He really should of spoken up because God only knows how many people she played that game with.
As for the old run around, with my shoulder they were more then ready to help me out, then the 5, yes 5 different doctors over 2 months time, looked on the internet at my records... Their attitude changed in a flash, guess they actually make private notes to each other about how much they were tipped or not. Can't prove it of course but 5 doctors ready to operate on me and then after looking at my chart all of a sudden going on vacation or their too busy to help me and I should come back next week and see someone else... Just saying , something smelled very fishy. Lost faith in the medical system for sure.

From my alert system:

Hungary: Protest to take place in Budapest on 24 September 22 Sep 17

A demonstration is scheduled to take place in the capital of Budapest on 24 September 2017. Though the exact reason behind the protest is not known at this time, the rally is being organized by Greenpeace. Protesters are expected to gather near Madach Imre ter and Karoly Krt at approximately 16:00 local time. Several hundred individuals are expected to attend. Travelers are advised to avoid all gatherings due to possible travel disruptions and security-related incidents.

No worries, I dislike crowds of any sort, guess passing out cold at a T-Rex concert at age 15 made me very wary of crowds and the danger of not being able to move.
Sort of a cool tale, passed out cold from no oxygen and was "airlifted" over head by other concert goers and placed on stage in the middle of "Bang a Gong". My friends were so jealous that Mark Boylen actually looked twice at me, got a bird's eye view of him from the floor!!( his expression was more like, what the heck )
Funny thing was, I only went to apiece my friends, was not a actual fan.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

No worries, I dislike crowds of any sort, guess passing out cold at a T-Rex concert at age 15 ..... Mark Boylen actually looked twice at me, got a bird's eye view of him from the floor!!( his expression was more like, what the heck )
Funny thing was, I only went to apiece my friends, was not a actual fan.

Marc Bolan was great.  Listened to a couple of tracks just a month or two ago. - Ride A White Swan and Jeepster.  Classic tracks. He died too young and had he lived he would have been even more a legend than he is now.

Yes, I spelled his name wrong, like I said he had a few good tracks but I was not a huge fan, my friends were insane over him but not me.
They were so jealous I was on stage with him, like 4 feet away but my head was in a spin after fainting because of the crush of the crowd.
I felt myself sinking but was caught by a stranger behind me who got everyone to carry me overhead and place me on stage during the "star performance", it was rather embarrassing to me but I was out of it.Quick thinking because I could of been crushed to death.Guess that stranger may of saved my life.
After that I was not really into concerts unless they had assigned seating.
My husband friends and sister couldn't believe I didn't want to go with them to Cal. Jam 1, think that was in 1975?
The true loss in the rock world was Brian Jones.
Janis and Jimi as well....

In the early 1980's we brought my BIL to Ca. from communist Hungary for a 6 week visit, he was with my MIL, husband didn't want his "elderly at only age 55" year old mom to travel alone so he came with her.
We took him to a Pink Floyd concert and made him partake of some "herbal" medication, that was sort of funny, he is such a conservative person... our bad.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

The true loss in the rock world was Brian Jones.
.....Janis and Jimi as well....elderly at only age 55" year old mom to travel alone so he came with her.........We took him to a Pink Floyd concert and made him partake of some "herbal" medication, that was sort of funny, he is such a conservative person... our bad.

Brain Jones - well, sure but as a rock fan these days I'd call The Stones almost middle of the road...now Jimi, that's a whole other story.  Janis I was never got into.   

Elderly at 55, that's outrageous.  I think I must be positively past it then. Surprising I can still make it to the shops and back on my own.  Or even get on a plane or drive.

At least your HU visitor had a puff on the Ganja and with The Floyd playing that would have been totally weird - not that I advocate the use of herbal products.  No doubt you showed him the decadence and corruption of the West.   Excellent! ;)

On a totally different topic,
Is there such a thing as ATM bank machine etiquette?
I get very uncomfortable when using the ATM machines when the bank is closed, you know when you just swipe your bank card and go into the front of the bank with the door closing behind you.
In the US we always either walk into the bank during banking hours and use their machine or sit in the car and do the drive through window.
No such option as a drive through here in Hungary and probably not in many places in Europe. takes allot of space to have several drive through lanes in a bank parking lot area.
Not the first time we were using the machine on the weekend and strangers walked into the same room as we were conducting our banking with the machine.
It always freaks me out why they do not just wait their turn outside the door until we leave the bank.
I may be overly concerned but I just do not trust anyone alone with my money coming out the machine being locked in the same room with them.
Yesterday as we waited for the transaction to happen, a women entered the room, I went up to the door and ask her nicely if she could wait until we were done but she seemed to not understand.
My husband says I am overly worried but I told him how would he feel if several big burly men entered, no difference to me if it is a lone women or a group of gangstas...
Guess having a gun shoved in my face in the past and my son getting robbed twice , once with a gun just makes me paranoid of people in general.Thinking next bank trip I will wait outside and tell anyone trying to enter that I am next?
Husband says he likes going on the weekends after the rates are set for those few days.