Moving to Bogota

Hi all
will be moving to Bogota in about three weeks,im extremely happy to go there, right now im in Doha-Qatar not nice, not good it's depresive horrible place to live. but here are many expat the latino comunity is big by the way my neighbour is colombian, they work in many diferent tipe of job the most are in petroleun company and hotels. well that is just because the 90% of the Qatari people don't do nothing except for eat,do shopping drink tea,redbull and drive like idiots maybe because of the cafeine!!
well I have some cuestion for any lovely person out there
1) where are the better residencial are to live in?
my husband will work north bogota
2)Wich school is better for my 3 years old?, she only speak english.

many thanks

Hola todos
estare mudandome para bogota, alrededor de tres semanas, estoy demasiado feliz de ir alla, por ahora estoy en Doha-Qatar para nada bueno ni lo recomiendo, es depresivo y horrible para vivir.
pero aqui hay muchos extranjeros la comunidad latina es muy grande, de hecho mi vecina es colombiana, la moyria trabaja en companias petroleras y hoteles, bueno eso se debe porque el 90% de los Qatari no hacen nada excepto por comer, hacer compras beber te y redbull y manejar como idiotas, puede ser por la cafeina..
bien tengo unas preguntas para cualquiera parsona amable cerca.
1) que zonas residenciales son las mejores para vivir?
2) escuela que hablen ingles, para mi hija de tres anitos?

muchas gracias

Welcome on board dieselgirl ;)

Hi Dieselgirl,

It's nice for you to move out from doha; I've seen that you're a little bit bored living there hehehe.

We'll let me introduce me...My Name is Freddy and I have 8 years living and working in Colombia, I'm Venezuelan...(Yes I was tired of Chavez) and I decide to move and work here.

Here my opinions....first of all remember that Colombia is still a third world country so you will find many troubles that usually you seen in this kind of countries....In general the life is good but you should to have money...Seriously. Let me explain why...The Colombians think that Bogota is like London or New York, but it's not (They are very far from that) and the prices here are a high, the Real state is very high (For a descent apartment in the north side of Bogota rounds from US$200.000 to US$ 1.000.000)The cars are expensive too (The smallest car cost US$10.000 brand new) the food is quite cheap in some restaurants and the entertainment is normal in this city, there are 2 Big museums (Museo del Oro and Museo Nacional) and some parks , many cinemas, 6 big Shopping centers a many towns around the city to visit. The nicest places to live are on the north side of bogota, the neighborhoods  are, Unicentro, La castellana, Cedritos, La Calleja, Santa Bibiana...try to search into this addresses: Between Calle 72 and Calle 148, and Carrera 1 and carrera 15....This order of "Calles" and "Carreras" are something like Carreras=Horizontal, Calles=vertical, If your husband will work in the north side of the city I recommend to search some apartment in this neighborhoods ....trust me,  the traffic here is a nightmare everyday, regarding this, you said that the people in Doha drive like and idiots....well , here the people drive like an animals, Never spec that somebody give chance to pass, please try to respect the road signals, here nobody respect that, and finally don't try to discuss with a taxi and bus drivers...you could put your life on risk, simply drive with very patience, try to not stress out.
Regarding the Schools and College, there are many of them, but the good ones are around Bogota , I mean the Northest part of the city , the wage that you'll have to pay is expensive too and the education here has many unnecessary subjects (My Sister arrived from Venezuela and she is Bilingual Teacher in one of these schools...education here is good...but she says that is not the best education in the Continent)... The have biligual programs so your child don't have problems to learn here.......at the end, when you stay here you will have your own opinion....but this is that I could give you in advance :) any doubts pls let me now.

Freddy