In retrospect, would you move again to Israel?

Hi all,

If you had to look back on your expat experience in Israel, would you heartily say "let's do it again"?

From the preparation stage to your actual everyday life in your new country, what did you enjoy the most?

Would you do certain things differently? Could you tell us why?

How would you describe the benefits of your expatriation in Israel so far?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience. We look forward to hearing from you!

Christine

I wouldn't move here again if I know what I know now, but I'm hoping I change my mind about that in the next several months.

I hadn't been here for a long time (only 2 weeks in '94) & couldn't afford to take what they call the "pilot trip" to check it out.

The country has changed soooo MUCH since the 80's & 90's, that it's the total opposite of what I was looking for.

The food is terrible, I get sick almost every time I eat ready made food & I came here FOR the food. They use very very cheap toxic oil when they cook.

The veggies have mold on them sometimes or get moldy very quickly.

I wanted the old feel of Israel & instead everything is modern, so what I wanted may be here in some cities, I have yet to find them. Even the shuk no longer looks like the shuk.

And yes it is too expensive here. My choices on where to live are so limited b/c it's so expensive.

But like I said, I still have hope that things will turn around for me.

definitely not...

Why not?

I would not do it again, instead I would move to a more normal and safe country, from things that I would have done differently I would not let myself being recruited and I would begin thinking about immigration to a different country at an earlier stage of my life, when I still could change things. The only benefits maybe are that I was more revealed to the Western World, for example, the movies here are subtitled instead of surdo-translated.