Are you happy in Israel?

Hello everyone!

According to the 2016 UN World Happiness Survey, Denmark, Switzerland and Iceland are the happiest countries on earth.

How about you? Are you happy in Israel? Do you feel happier today in your host country than before in your home country? What has contributed to the change?

In your opinion, are locals in Israel happy? How can you tell?

Please share your experience!

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : message removed - asked by the initiator

I'm soooo sorry to hear of your struggles.

I never had to go into the army.

I don't feel the fear you feel & these stabbings don't happen every day or even every week, but you've been going through this for a long time, so maybe it seems that way & you are dealing with PTSD.

Yes, I've heard the kids can be bad here, but they are the same way in the US. Not sure if it's worse there or not.

The smoking & enforcement on alot of things is a problem. Totally agree.

How old are you now?

Where did you originally come from?

Are you thinking of moving to another country?

Why not move out of JL? I live in Afula & never have issues with any Arabs or Jews.

Hugs

Michal

@ Michal > Shelagh asked to remove her comment, if you still wish to ask her these questions, please feel free to send her a private message. ;)

Now lets go back to the topic.

Thanks,

Priscilla

Yeh I PMed her & never heard back.

Thanks for letting me know.

Who the hell can be happy in Israel?
Last month I was in Italy and people asked me not once: how can you live there? Israel is a nice country, but  it is like living on the top of a Vulcan. Well, they are absolutely right.  How can you be happy if any news broadcast on the TV always ends with "we wish you a nice and quiet evening/night/weekend".  A quiet evening is something people have to wish you, it is definitely not a normal part of your life. The Israelis live from cease-fire to cease-fire, and to them it is absolutely  normal . Sometimes I even feel they are proud of their survival skills .
Sorry, no normal people could feel happy within a situation like this. I wish I could get out of here.

Raich wrote:

Who the hell can be happy in Israel?
Last month I was in Italy and people asked me not once: how can you live there? Israel is a nice country, but  it is like living on the top of a Vulcan. Well, they are absolutely right.  How can you be happy if any news broadcast on the TV always ends with "we wish you a nice and quiet evening/night/weekend".  A quiet evening is something people have to wish you, it is definitely not a normal part of your life. The Israelis live from cease-fire to cease-fire, and to them it is absolutely  normal . Sometimes I even feel they are proud of their survival skills .
Sorry, no normal people could feel happy within a situation like this. I wish I could get out of here.

I PMed you Raich

I live in Israel as a tourist with work visa and I'm happy. Am I crazy? :D

Luckily I still haven't experienced war periods and I hope (for everybody) that they'll never come again.

The geopolitical situation is not easy but I think there are many beautiful things in Israel but specifically one is very important to me and maybe unique: a society that is surely not perfect but still soaked in a very ancient, deep and rich ethic, moral and spiritual tradition that you can literally breathe when interacting with people.

Where do you live?

I actually agree with you, but I look for way more than what you mentioned. I need to be around compatible people to myself.