Need advice on having baby in Riyadh

Hello all,

My husband and I just move here a couple of weeks ago...I am 5 months pregnant and just can't find any information about how to go around getting a doctor....or advice on a recommended one....Well, actually I did find one comment, but it was from 2008.  I have heard the Kingdom hospital may be the best hospital...but that's about all I've gotten.  Can anybody help me out?

Thanks much,

ILW

Hi ILW,

and welcome to the forum :)

Unfortunately, I can't help you with this but I am thinking that Noora probably knows a lot about this!

Please check out her thread:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=57618

Hope she can help you and the very best of luck in this special time.

there's a huge list of good hospitals in Riyadh, and I personaly dont think the Kingdom is the best. probably the best in robing you out of your health and money.

there are some famous hospitals like:

Sulaiman Al habib
Specialized medical center
Saudi German hospital
King Faisal Hospital
King Fahad Medical City
Prince Sultan Medical City
King Saud Medical city.

the list goes on.

I will not say the Kingdom is the worst either. but not and never the best. I personaly along with alot of people I know have had bad experiences. but alot more spoke highly of it. so I can be wrong.

I hope some people with experience in giving birth related issues can help you more.

Salman

Thank you so much, alliecat and salaman for the replies and the welcome.  I will definitely check out that thread!

ILW

email me
(moderated: no free ads)
i offer a support service for mums in riyadh, expat or not.

Ive worked in kingdom hosp and depending on what you want ie natural no interventions vs whole kit and cabudle, will dictate where you go. Post partum care is fab at kingdom but they arent supportive of natural deliveries, which is odd seeing as thats how we were made!!!. Dallah has a midwife who is natural supporting but i havent worked there as she only allows 1 support person and I would never go infront of a dad.

anyway chuck me line :)
annelyse

Salman Omrani wrote:

there's a huge list of good hospitals in Riyadh, and I personaly dont think the Kingdom is the best. probably the best in robing you out of your health and money.

there are some famous hospitals like:

Sulaiman Al habib
Specialized medical center
Saudi German hospital
King Faisal Hospital
King Fahad Medical City
Prince Sultan Medical City
King Saud Medical city.

the list goes on.

I will not say the Kingdom is the worst either. but not and never the best. I personaly along with alot of people I know have had bad experiences. but alot more spoke highly of it. so I can be wrong.

I hope some people with experience in giving birth related issues can help you more.

Salman

I agree with you Salman. And I have one more that I would added:
"DALLAH HOSPITAL"
it's famous for having "baby"
best wishes,

Our grandson was born at Dallah Hospital in 1997. Everything went quite well and the Paediatrician there was also excellent. I also know many who have had their babies at Hammadi Hospital. No complaints so far.

Thank you for your replies!  I went ahead and went with Dallah, so far so good, but I won't really know until the big day comes!

Hi,

In Riyadh, I found Obaid Hospital very nice. Staff are very friendly, doctors are supportive. I had a baby there 3 months before.

Regards,

'Need advice on having baby in Riyadh'

Ok I'll start at the very beginning.
Whan a man and a woman are very much in love..... :)

I guess that would be funny, Dubliner, for someone who only reads titles.....but then again if that were the case, they would never get to see your joke if they didn't click to read further would they?  Whatever, either way at the moment I'm quite stressed about my situation and humor completely escapes me.

Thanks for your comment, Zeesham, did you have completely natural childbirth with no unnecessary medical intervention?  I've come to realize that's a rarity here which is the primary cause of my distress......and I just found out my doctor is taking off for 4 days just before my 39th week starts.  At this point if I could just get one, 'Yes go to this hospital with this doctor for complete natural childbirth support" I would have no problems at all making a last minute jump, but I just can't seem to get such a response anywhere...

From my personal experiences ,I will recommend Al Maana Hospital.They have branches all over the kingdom.They provide some good services .Two of my children were born here in Saudi Arabia and this hospital took good care of me.They have some excellent and well experienced doctors and staff.Best wishes.

It ws natural birth, Doctor has been changed at that time but they did their best... don't remember the name , she was Indian doctor...