Please suggest good school CBSE/ICSE - For indian in RIyadh

i shifted to RIYADH from Dubai( 1 yr), I am born and stayed in India, I have 9 yr old daughter, completed 3rd stranded class from Ryan english school Pune India.

My office is at Al Jummah center, tatweer building, king fahad road.    I have tried my best to google and read a lot but unable to make any strong decision for her school in 4th Grade.

i Need to take accommodation as well and then call them in august.  based on selection of school I am planning to take accommodation. I heard DPS is not good in education, sports facility, computer lab and costly as well. So please suggest me.
Abbey **

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : We invite you to share contact infos only in private please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Middle East School is your other option other than DPS. There are few others like Yara, Yasmin, Al Alia etc apart from the Embassy School.

Abbey ,

Please contact Indian school on Khurais road opposite Dr Sulaiman al habib hospital  and  jarir book store  , teachers there will be able to guide you

kunsha

thanks friends,   please any personal exp or close relative exp of this school
The International Indian School, Riyadh Formerly Embassy of India School, Riyadh)

in terms of quality of edu, teachers,  sports activity, attitude of staff and hygiene as I have a girl of 9 yr.

HRGuru wrote:

Middle East School is your other option other than DPS. There are few others like Yara, Yasmin, Al Alia etc apart from the Embassy School.

can you tell something about middle east school?

thats 16 km from my office   on King Fahad road, thats ok,  Please suggest some decent and good ,safe area to take accommodation
as well.  when these will open so we can get the application form.

from website i like al yasmin better then Indian international school, not sure,   and its  same distance.

does anyone have idea on New Middle East International School as well.

parveen banu wrote:
HRGuru wrote:

Depends on what you want to know

Abbey2608 wrote:

thats 16 km from my office   on King Fahad road, thats ok,  Please suggest some decent and good ,safe area to take accommodation

from website i like al yasmin better then Indian international school, not sure,   and its  same distance.

Middle East is located in Sulaimaniyah, close to King Fahad Road and across Tahlia Street. Admissions open by Dec for the new academic year, for more / specific details you might need to visit them. Accommodation is possible in nearby areas since its more of a residential area. Now the schools are closed and will reopen by 18 Sept.

Well..Let me tell you my personal experience.

When I brought my family here I had to admit my daughter in Indian Embassy School(IIS) boy section as I couldn't get her admission done in neither middle east nor IIS-Girls as they arrived in April and admission were already done.

She studied there in class-2, after 1 year I tried in Middle East and got the admission. She  is now in class-4.

What my personal experience says that, IIS was better than middle east, I know they have more than 50 students in a class where in in Middle East around 30; still when comes to education teachers at both school are ok, but in IIS its just study nothing much, but in middle east you have this day, that day, this celebration and that celebrations. Sometimes I wonder how they are managing to complete the entire syllabus. Plus the fees is much lesser than Middle east.

Some people says that IIS-Girl is best in Riyadh for girls.

Best of luck.

May Allah make everything easy for you :top:

HRGuru wrote:
parveen banu wrote:
HRGuru wrote:

About the teachers ,academic results,safety etc etc

HRGuru wrote:
Abbey2608 wrote:

Middle East is located in Sulaimaniyah, close to King Fahad Road and across Tahlia Street. Admissions open by Dec for the new academic year, for more / specific details you might need to visit them. Accommodation is possible in nearby areas since its more of a residential area. Now the schools are closed and will reopen by 18 Sept.

Just to clarify, admission in NMES opens from 1st September, but this year it is on holidays so need to check.

parveen banu wrote:
HRGuru wrote:
parveen banu wrote:

About the teachers ,academic results,safety etc etc

If you check their website, only few teachers are really qualified (B.Ed and Masters), however that is the situation with most private schools in KSA.  My personal opinion is not that high but then again if I have to compare I am left with similar choices.

Academic results I believe depends on the students, however as aftabv mentioned in his post up, they have few students in each class so attention span from teachers are more and this does impact on the overall performance of the student.

Safety : Is it safe for a student , yes I think so.  The teachers, supervisors and general staff do look after the kids , make sure that they come and leave on time. They also notify you whenever there is an issue of any kind. They also have a on site doctor in school.

I do agree with aftabv on issues of fees, and activities / events , which are good at times but a lot of work for parents to keep with those events and activities. I also dislike the fact that they do not allow the male parent anywhere . For instance , PTA meetings are to be attended only by the mothers and also only women have access to the offices / principal, negated the "parent" here.  I hope they get to understand that fathers are also an important part of a child's life.

Admissions as aftabv corrected, might be earlier than Dec. In all fairness if I look at all the indian schools in Riyadh, this school falls under your top choices.

so as of now verdict is-  IIS girls best , if you only education and there are 50 students in class and its one of oldest school.  but Middle east is also good and less students and lot of activities too, i personally prefer  over all development so I WILL shortlsit Middle east.

Now there are two middle east schools 1 Jafar Ibn Abi Talib, Sulaimaniyah, Riyadh , 2  address I was told that its near Dr suleman.. but i am not not able to find website for same. as when u search middle east-   two website comes, 1 for middle east ad other for new middle east but address tells same.   new middle east website says admission start 2nd october,  middle east says 9 august, DPS dont pick call of tells date.
  new middle east fees for forth is 866 pm,   DPS- 1500 ( with transport)

how are any personal exp of DPS anyone.. in terms of attitude of teacher/principal, extra curricular, sports,  no of students. etc

Darussalam is running the school under the name of Indian DPS.

I went to DPS to inquire, he said if your kid is studying here, there is no guarantee that after going back to India he will get "transfer" to DPS school. So, there is no advantage of putting our kids here.

If you talk about Middle East, school is New Middle East, other one is Modern Middle East I think, but its not that good. This is the site http://www.newmeis.com/

I heard by someone about SEVA school in Riyadh, Unable to find his name or website. Any help will be appreciated

http://www.iipsr.com/

Getting admission here is tough, near to impossible :-)

I am an Indian Expat working in Jubail. I am looking for some information regarding admission of my child in school. I admitted my child in Al-Moattasem International School, Jubail. Now I have doubt whether my child will get admission in India or not whenever we goes back as this school follows british curriculum and not CBSE/ICSE.

Can anyone guide me regarding this please.

Hello Mr. abbey,
I, now in March 2019, find myself in the same situation of yours. I need to choose, In Riyadh, school and then the house also within a walking distance
I am from North India from Delhi NCR, with hindi as my primitive language.
I have daughters of age 7 and 5
I am seeking for their admission in 2nd and UKG standards respectively. They shall join from India.
Can you please enlighten me on these requirements.

International Indian Public School seva school

Hi Mr.Abbey,
Good morning.
Hope you settle well.

Actually me also from Pune and moving to Riyadh.
If you dont mind can you guide me.

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum for security reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Please suggest good Indian school for my son's  8 and 7 yr for class 4 and 3 .

@ambadasmarakale Hi I am in a similar situation.. coming in from Pune, India to Riyadh. I am looking for admission of my 2 daughters 11yrs and 6yrs in 6th and 1st standard. Can you please guide..

@drktmujeeb @AJIT123  did you find out the school? I am in a similar situation.. coming in from Pune, India to Riyadh. I am looking for admission of my 2 daughters 11yrs and 6yrs in 6th and 1st standard. Can you please guide..

@nabutcs we came in Riyadh last year from Mumbai. My son goes to the Yara international school, it's a CBSE board. Most Indian students join this school only.