Why Expats don't live in district four ?

I suppose there are some like myself but I seldom see foreigners in District Four....

Yeah, many scare because of Q.4 is notorious with petty criminals. Criminals are everywhere. We lived there without any problems  :)

charmavietnam wrote:

Yeah, many scare because of Q.4 is notorious with petty criminals. Criminals are everywhere. We lived there without any problems  :)

Yes We live here in a big modern house and everything is half the price than Q1..... as far as crime goes, it seems safer than Q1.....There seems to be alot of money in district 4 judging by the houses and new construction.... but no foreign ATM's anywhere that dispense more than two million per transaction, that is the only drawback.

I lived there back in 2008, there are quite a few expats there but most seem to head over to D1 so maybe that's why you don't see them as much. I also used to swim at the local pool behind Vinatex which was frequented by some of the local gang members, don't bother them and they don't bother you.

D1 and D7 is where most of the expats stay because that is where most of the expats live. Those areas cater to expats so a foreigner will have an easier time getting around and finding what they need. Also, most expats don't last long here long. The ones who do often move to the outlining areas that are cheaper to live. Pretty simple really.

Don't forget Thao Dien!

Hi everyone,
District 4 indeed was well known by the locals a gangster heaven but not anymore though since about 2000. i guess the biggest reason for the improvement is due to the rapidly increase in real estate value. When people are richer they tend to behave more like ladies and gentlemen!!

hon2ly1 wrote:

Hi everyone,
District 4 indeed was well known by the locals a gangster heaven but not anymore though since about 2000. i guess the biggest reason for the improvement is due to the rapidly increase in real estate value. When people are richer they tend to behave more like ladies and gentlemen!!

I lived there in 2008 and there were still plenty of gangsters. They left me alone as I didnt get involved in their business.